Freunde
Suche
Silver Star or Expedition GeForce Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2
Autor Nachricht
WildMouse
Einsteiger Carl May

GB

Link zum Beitrag #318477 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. August 2006 23:37 Relax
WildMouse I look forward to finding out in July. GeForce is legendary amongst many enthusiasts that I've spoken too, whereas Silver Star seems to be one of those coasters that looks better than it rides (I won't judge till I ride it though). I love ejector airtime, so my bet's are on GeForce being the better of the two.

Got the chance to ride both coasters last month and yup, I prefered Ge Force. Doesnt mean I agree with those think it's the best coaster in the world though S

Here's my reviews:

Expedition Ge Force
Now this is a coaster which has been lauded and hyped up by many a enthusiast, so naturally I went along expecting great things. I’m afraid to say that I was ‘slightly’ disappointed. There’s no denying that this is an amazing ride, especially in the back seats. The first section of the ride is ace, with its twisting first drop and fantastic airtime hill which follows (not as powerful as Goliaths second hill though in my opinion). The train then dives through the woods, twisting and turning every which way including the infamous Stengel Dive before going through some trim brakes which cause a lacklustre finale. The first trims are fine. The second lot just ruin what could have been the perfect ending. They cause the train to crawl over the final airtime hills before coming to rest in the station. In comparison to Goliaths finale, Ge Force’s is lacklustre to say the least. No doubt I’m going to face the wrath of Ge Force diehards, but I’m afraid that not everyone has the same gilded view of this ride. A couple of banners proudly states that Expedition Ge Force is ‘the best roller coaster in the world’ (according to the Mitch Hawker poll). Not in my world I’m afraid. If I had to rate it out of 10, I’d give it an 8.

Silver Star
Silver Star was one of those rides that I’d wanted to ride since it opened, yet at the same time keeping an open mind after hearing stories about its infamous trim brakes. Whilst it looks awesome, I found the ride experience rather underwhelming. The first drop is fantastic with its floater airtime, as is the first hill. But once it hits the trims, it goes downhill from there on in. It just turns into an average ride. It gets slightly better nearer to the end but it still left me feeling rather disappointed. I certainly don’t consider it a high speed thrill ride, more of a sedate family coaster that just happens to be 239 feet high!
Koa
Einsteiger James Wearing
Norwich
GB

Link zum Beitrag #318726 Verfasst am Samstag, 26. August 2006 18:51 Relax
GeForce has the worst operation of any coaster I have been on. Literally 3 minutes for a train to leave the station. But apart from that, it's pretty slow in the morning and the trims make the second half pretty dull! Once it's warmed up it's excellent until the trims, when as before, it loses all it's appeal.

Silver Star is excellent. World class. It does exactly what it set out to do. It's a family ride through and through with serious visual appeal. It's got a quality feel to it and operates quickly and efficiently. It's more comfortable than EGF aswell.

In summary, EGF is let down by its poor operations and comparativly dull second half. Silver Star, with the right frame of mind, is faultless S
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2 Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag