Mitglied wählen
Freunde
Suche
[Park-File] Ölands Djur Nöjespark (Sweden)
Autor Nachricht
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6091 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 12:30
2 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 04.08.2003 10:14
Themenersteller
Relax
Maybe something more for Olov,

today seems to be my Swedish day.

I'm currently trying to come up to date with information on Swedish parks. Maybe someone has been there a´nd like to comment on them.

olandsdjurpark.com ride.html
What kind of coaster is this?
In the History section of that website it is mentioned that the coaster was bought from Gröna Lund in Stockholm back in 1981 (if my Swedish minimal basic understanding is right). Is this the one coaster that is mentioned in the Stengel biography as project "6504 Roller Coaster" by Schwarzkopf ?
Who is the manufactor of the Ferris Wheel of that park?
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Corny
Einsteiger a

Afghanistan

Link zum Beitrag #6093 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 12:48 Relax
Thorsten, I guess you are talking about the larger coaster in the background og the picture - the one in front seems to be some kind of Pinfari "Big Apple" kiddie coaster.

Acording to rcdb.com, the larger coaster was built by BHS and was running at Gröna Lund under the name "Radar" from 1966 to 1982.
But somehow RCDB must have incorrect data about this coaster, since BHS didn't build roller coasters at this time, as far as I know they startet building roller coasters after Anton Schwarzkopf went bankrupt.
To me, this coaster looks more like a Schwarzkopf Wildcat, photographed from a strange angle. I can't describe the position I think the photo is taken from, so I try to illustrate it with some ASCII art S

Code
+----------------------+
|                      |
|   Roller coaster     |
|                      |
+----------------------+
       (station)        \
                          \
                       Picture taken from this direction

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but that is what it looks like to me.

The Ferris wheel could have been built by Nauta Bussink, the size and the gondolas make it look like the "Bellevue" Wheel operated by Oscar Bruch Jun. - Maybe it's a stationary version oh the same model. But that's just a guess looking at the mall photo.
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6096 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 13:00
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi, Cornholio,

I agree with you about the coaster being a Wildcat-Style coaster. I think it really is that one mentioned in the Stengel-book that went to Gröna Lund in 1966. In opposition to rcdb.com I think it definitely cannot be a wild mouse type of ride.

The Ferris Wheel is definitely noz comparable to the Bellevue. Just count the gondolas, there are only 24 of them. But seem to be of an enclosed gondoloa type.

Oh, how I like picture-guessing of faraway places.

Nice painting scheme you made about the angle of taking the coaster picture.

C U soon in Crange?
Thorsten.
Corny
Einsteiger a

Afghanistan

Link zum Beitrag #6101 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 13:22 Relax
Tejay The Ferris Wheel is definitely noz comparable to the Bellevue. Just count the gondolas, there are only 24 of them. But seem to be of an enclosed gondoloa type.

I didn'T count the gondolas, that's right. But maby Nauta Bussink also sells their smaller ferris wheels with this kind of gondola? As far as I know, there's also a ferris wheel travelling in Germany that's the size of the "Bellevue" wheel but with the standard open gondolas that can be turned around by the riders... but that's OT now S

Zitat Nice painting scheme you made about the angle of taking the coaster picture.

C U soon in Crange?

Thanks S
C U soon, but not in Crange, I won't go there this year, there are no rides that really attract me enough.
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6102 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 13:32
Themenersteller
Relax
Continuing being offtopic, but publicing my own website S
Zitat As far as I know, there's also a ferris wheel travelling in Germany that's the size of the "Bellevue" wheel but with the standard open gondolas that can be turned around by the riders... but that's OT now

That's the "Europa Rad" by showmen Kipp & Barth.
germancoaster.de 42_gondeln.html

Hi, Corny,
don't hit me for making fun of it, S
but "turn around" means "umdrehen, auf den Kopf stellen" I think you wanted to say "drehen", meaning riders can turn the gondolas. They better should not turn around the gondolas, because that might have become their last effort.
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #6123 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 15:10 Relax
It does look like it's more compact than a wildcat as it doesn't have that little drop in the beginning right after the lifthill.
Corny
Einsteiger a

Afghanistan

Link zum Beitrag #6176 Verfasst am Montag, 04. August 2003 01:10 Relax
Tejay That's the "Europa Rad" by showmen Kipp & Barth.
germancoaster.de 42_gondeln.html

Thank you.

Zitat but "turn around" means "umdrehen, auf den Kopf stellen" I think you wanted to say "drehen", meaning riders can turn the gondolas. They better should not turn around the gondolas, because that might have become their last effort.

S That's what I wanted to say...

Olov It does look like it's more compact than a wildcat as it doesn't have that little drop in the beginning right after the lifthill.

I think the perspective makes it look more compact. And the little drop is there - Try looking at the picture with a 200% zoom.
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag