Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6100 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 12:13
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 04.08.2003 09:10
Themenersteller
Relax
What I always wanted to know about this park is the reason for taking down the stand up coaster and selling it to La Ronde in Canada. Does anybody know why?

What I find very interesting about the park's website is the fact that they are running some kind of forum/guestbook that is frequently aswered by the pr-spokes(wo)man. Kind of unusual.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #6118 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 13:53 Relax
I think they sold Stand-Up (that was it's name!) because the park wasn't pulling in so many older teenagers and so the coaster didn't have so many riders to be worth running. My brother could ride it 13 times in a row before he had to give up.
It can be pretty funny to read the reviews for their rides too. Some says a ride totally sucked and the park put the review up anyway. Others compares the Mack Power coaster to Balder, who do you think win, Balder of course...
But most of the messages and reviews are pretty positive. Most of the guests like the waterpark as it's the biggest we have in Sweden. They do have some scary slides and there's one I never dared to ride when I visited the park 3-4 years ago. You need a helmet and a safety west to ride it and you do need them...
And their freefall slide is alot of fun untill you land, then it hurts alot. You can't ride it more than 2 in a row...
I think the park need some expansion in the go cart area and the water park itself though, then I would like to visit the park again to ride all the slides...
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6121 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 14:01
Themenersteller
Relax
@Olov,

I think Swedish people love water attractions, don't they? There are always waterparks in the vicinity or combined with amusement parks. You yourself seem to be an enthusiastic water slider, am I right?
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #6128 Verfasst am Sonntag, 03. August 2003 14:26 Relax
That must be something new because when Gröna Lund had their log flume it wasn't successfull at all because it was too wet. Yet the Log Flume at Liseberg is one of the most popular rides at the park together with Kållerado, their Intamin rapids.

But I do like waterslides very much but we don't have any modern slides that other countries seems to have. The Bowl slides we have seems to be the most modern slide we have.
And then we have some quantity of indoor waterparks. Most of them like the one in my hometown doesn't have many or big slides. The slide at my local indoor water complex is actually more for childrens and is very short (about 80meters) but thanks to a bar just above the slide at the start you can do some gymnastic movements and get alot of speed when you swing on the bar. Once again you almost flip over or slide off the slide but a wall saves you. Still pretty funny.
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag