Autor Nachricht
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #6301 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. August 2003 15:49
Themenersteller
Relax
I'm very curious, what kind of ride does it give?

It's a very unusual looking ride, and the motion is very odd...

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6303 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. August 2003 16:11 Relax
Rocky and bumpy is my impression. An impression actually from long ago. I rode the Flic Flac from showman Bruch some years ago, when it operated at the fair in Crange. It was called "Rock'n'Roller". I also did the "Can Can - verschärft" that was operated by showman Schneider before he decided to travel with the Power Tower only. The "verschärft" means "spiced up" and was added when they changed the Mega Dance "Can Can" into a Flic Flac.
I myself find the ride extremely rocky and bumpy.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #6304 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. August 2003 16:14
Themenersteller
Relax
How was a ride changed into the Flic Flac? What kind of ride was it before the change?

(I find it startling that something could be modified that dramatically!)

-Iain
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6305 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. August 2003 16:41 Relax
Originally the ride was manufactured by Huss under the name "Mega Dance". It had higher capacity a gondola carrying 4 persons at each side making it 6 times 8 and it did not have looping gondolas. You had some kind of swinging motion. I think it was changed already during the following season, because visitors and showmen were crazy for looping gondolas because of the new Mondial Shake that was introduced with the possibility of looping gondolas. So Huss reduced the capacity per gondola (3 instead of 4 per side) making it to 6 times 6 persons and renamed the thing to "Flic Flac"
Most of the "Megadance"s were turned into "Flic Flacs". There is said to be one Megadance remaining which I think operates in Brunei's Jerudong Playground without the looping effect.
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6306 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. August 2003 16:51
2 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 05.08.2003 17:56
Relax
I think it was very difficult to change the rides into a ride with looping gondolas.
There were problems with those rides that were changed first. Maybe I can check back at home for more details (I'm currently working in a terrific heat S ).
But according to Huss those problems of changing are history. Most of the Flic Flacs have left Germany.
I think there is just one of them remaining under the ownership of showman Peter Schrod and one is left at defunct Spree Park.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #6309 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. August 2003 17:36
Themenersteller
Relax
Thanks for the history! I had never heard of the Mega Dance, now I have to look up info on that one, too. S

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.aol.com mdance1.jpg

Wow and only lap bars, just like Magic, Breakdance, etc...

So I guess with that one the idea is its just throwing you up in the air and swinging a bit, eh?

I love the ride centre on the Flic Flac. It appears very similar, if not identical, to the system used on Magic for raising and lowering the arms. It's a very elegant design and it looks great in operation.

I watched a videoclip online which was on-ride and the looping looked great; every time it flips it looks like it does 3 or 4 loops in a row really quickly.

-Iain
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #6330 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. August 2003 19:41 Relax
I rode the Flic Flac at Tivoli, Copenhagen, named Dragen. I liked the experience very much especially when you're only two in the 3-seat gondolas. You flips much more and it's pretty intense then. You got all kind of forces from the stalling, flipping and spinning. I liked the backward flips the most because of the airtime you got when you were upside down. Forward flips were pretty intense, about 4 g's I think and when you were doing a tripple flip it was a somewhat intense moment.
And when you got off the ride you weren't dizzy at all from the spinning as I though you would be before I entered the ride so we rode it one more time.

One of my favourite rides...
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6416 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 06. August 2003 22:10 Relax
It's not cooler by now, but at least I am home and find the time reading in my so beloved Kirmes Revue.
I found the history of the Megadance / Flic Flac story and I will try to give a short summary.
The article can be found in one of the earlier big editions.
Ruisinger, Karl: Megadance - Ein Harlekin von Huss, in: Kirmes Revue 9/1996, p. 14-20.

The Magadance is indeed a step further after Huss invented and launched the Magic.
In spring 1992 the premiere of the first version called "Megadancer" took place at Hamburger Frühlingsdom. The first version was owned and operated by showman Dreher-Zarnitz under the name "Megadancer". Interesting fact was that the same showman was also first in 1985 to buy a Huss-Breakdance and starting the Breakdance-mania that took Germany by storm.

Expectations were high thus five more versions were ordered the first year.

Megadancer - Dreher-Zarnitz, Bremen
Megadance - Kipp, Bonn
Megadance - Franz Goetzke, München
Rock'n'Roller - Oscar Bruch
Can-Can - Ewald Schneider, Bielefeld
Megadance - Ludewigt, Oldenburg

The ride came up the same year when there was the new Mondial attraction "Shake" and Nauta, Bussink & Bailey started their "Evolution" in Germany.
Two of the showmen ended their travelling with Megadance already at the end of season one:
Kipp changed their Megadance into the Huss-93-novelty "Take Off", Goetzke changed his Megadance in favour of a Huss Top Spin.
According to the ability of the Mondial - Shake to do looping movements the remaining four showmen wanted their rides to be changed into a looping "Megadance".

In the middle of 1994 the change was done and all the remaining editions returned as looping flat rides.
Showman Ludewigt changed the name of his "Megadance" to "Flic Flac" and Schneider edited his version by adding "verschärft" to the name of his "Can-Can" (meaning "spiced up").
In autumn a fifth version appeared as "Flic Flac" under the ownership of showman Poetzsch, Munich (actually, this was the renewed version of the "Megadance" of showman Kipp). At the end of 1994 Bruch tried to sell his "Rock'n'Roller".

In 1995 there were four editions remaining and returning to german fairs:

- Megadancer - Dreher-Zarnitz
- Flic Flac - Ludewigt
- Flic Flac - Pötzsch
- Can-Can - verschärft - Schneider

In 1996 Ludewigt sold his Flic-Flac to Schneider-Hartmann from Münster, the Megadancer was sold to Koidl and Schreiber (FAB) and was installed at the Prater in Vienna where it was again put up for sale.
The Rock'n'Roller was meanwhile sold to Austrian showman Rieger from Wels.

So back in 1996 there were three versions still travelling in Germany:

- Flic Flac - Schneider-Hartmann
- Flic Flac - Pötzsch
- Can-Can - verschärft - Schneider

The history after 1996 might be added by others.
- one Flic Flac is dying in defunct Spree Park in Berlin
- I think Schneider sold their Can-Can in favour of Power Tower
- one version appeared as Dragen in Tivoli
- one is still operating at german fairs under the ownership of Peter Schrod.
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #15194 Verfasst am Sonntag, 19. Oktober 2003 17:59 Relax
Here are some new photographs of the Flic Flac that is currently operating at [url=onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=2258]Bremen fair[/url].
The ride is operated by showman Schrod.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de bremen-12.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de bremen-14.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de bremen-15.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de bremen-16.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de bremen-26.jpg
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #15836 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2003 19:50 Relax
The Rock'n' Roller is currently travelling through Belgium.
The Can Can was sold before 1998 (debut of Power Tower) to a theme park in Dubai?
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag