MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #6565 Verfasst am Freitag, 08. August 2003 19:49
Themenersteller
Relax
rcdb.com installationgallery1180.htm

In the background of this image taken at Nagashima Spaland, there appears to be an absolutely massive structure that looks like giant HUSS Pirat or something similar.

:: Doing some more looking ::

coastergallery.com N08.html

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
David
Einsteiger David Wragg

GB

Link zum Beitrag #6580 Verfasst am Samstag, 09. August 2003 03:41 Relax
This is actually built by Intamin in the mid to late 1980's.

Its actually 160 feet high at full swing and each boat holds 130 people in each boat.

But check this out it can handle 5000 (FIVE THOUSAND) people per hour!!!!!

I understand there were some very big Huss ships traveling in Germany in the 1980's?
Corny
Einsteiger a

Afghanistan

Link zum Beitrag #6593 Verfasst am Samstag, 09. August 2003 14:22 Relax
There was a larger Ship built by Huss, The "Traumschiff", if I rememver correctly, it was owned by Showmen Bausch and Menzel.
I never had the chance to see it... S
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6639 Verfasst am Sonntag, 10. August 2003 10:56 Relax
Zitat I never had the chance to see it...

...while I had. S I saw it in 1984 when it was built up for Hamburger Dom. I think it might have been it's inaugural sseason. During Cranger Kirmes in 1994 (?) I had my first and last chance to also ride it. It was gigantic. It has 12 rows for each holding up to ten passengers. The ship most times seemed to be less crowded, even though it had more riders than most conventional rides have when riding with full capacity. Thus it might have scared away potential riders. The ride was placed in vicinity of the rollercoasterplace. In was "Big triangle" consisting of rollercoaster (probably the Thriller, the "Evolution" and the "Traumschiff" all of them standing in a distance of probably 100 meters apart.
Also close nearby and dwarfed was the Huss-Pirat "Alte Liebe".
The "Traumschiff" was a fabulous ride.
It took part in the "Great Treck to the East" in 1995 and becoming a permanent installation in Gorky Park in Moscow.

Would give a thing to ride that one again.

The giant Intamin ships were built at least twice for Japan. One in Nagashima and a second for Toshimaen (?)

The Huss-Traumschiff remained a unique ride.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #6660 Verfasst am Sonntag, 10. August 2003 16:35
Themenersteller
Relax
Thanks for all the history on it, Tejay! S

It makes me wonder just how big a pendulum ride without a counterweight can go. I think the Giant Frisbee is about the limit (the forces at the bottom become very very strong on that machine).

Maybe to go any bigger, you start to add a bit of a counterweight, to slow it down a little...!

I'm off to Toronto now to try and take some build-up pics at the CNE and go to Wonderland.

-Iain
David
Einsteiger David Wragg

GB

Link zum Beitrag #6669 Verfasst am Sonntag, 10. August 2003 18:44 Relax
Sounds a great ship.

Are there any pictures.

As for the Huss Giant Frisbee wow its fast and yes its high but I don't think it ws quite at the blackout stage yet!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #6689 Verfasst am Montag, 11. August 2003 04:55
Themenersteller
Relax
David As for the Huss Giant Frisbee wow its fast and yes its high but I don't think it ws quite at the blackout stage yet!

I'm geting weak in my old age. S

(no pics from the CNE because they haven't started building up any of the rides yet!!)

-Iain
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #10581 Verfasst am Montag, 15. September 2003 21:06 Relax
Once again the Traumschiff,

while browsing over funfair-area.de I found this picture of the Traumschiff
Go to funfair-area.de
Historie - section
and then follow the link "Düren 1985"
Dürener Annakirmes 1985 - 27.07. bis 04.08
krouvi
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #10710 Verfasst am Dienstag, 16. September 2003 23:57 Relax
Does anybody know where is this Giant ship now ?

I was in Efteling park and they have abig priat ship but I cant tell if this is the one. I also know they clain to have the largest ship so maybe they bought it .
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #10714 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 00:10
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 17.09.2003 00:15
Relax
Hello krouvi,

welcome to onride. The giant ship "Traumschiff" (=dreamboat) is currently operating (?) in Moscow, Russia. At least it was sold to Gorki Park in 1995 (?) after travelling the german fairgrounds. The Traumschiff was manufactured by german company Huss.

The ship in Efteling is called "The haelve Maen" (=the half moon, which was the name of a famous ship) and is a pirate ship that was manufactured by Swiss company Intamin in 1982. The ship offers 85 seats, has a lenght of 27 metres and rises to 25 metres above the ground.

The Traumschiff could seat 120 (12 rows for ten) passengers and had a higher swing.

But as it was produced a little bit later than the "De Halve Maen" the Efteling ship was for some months the biggest in the world.
Corny
Einsteiger a

Afghanistan

Link zum Beitrag #10716 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 00:11 Relax
The big ship in Efteling was built by Intamin and is a park model.
As far as I know, the "Traumschiff" was sold and is now operating in Moscow, in the famous Gorky Park. (Along with some other former German fair attractions)
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag