Mitglied wählen
Freunde
Suche
Guess What?! - No. 13 => Ene, Mene, Miste...
Autor Nachricht
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6714 Verfasst am Montag, 11. August 2003 18:43
2 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 14.08.2003 12:57
Themenersteller
Relax
Our new quiz edition is something for coaster enthusiasts. Within the next five days I will be presenting five different coasters. They do have some similarities but one of the five will have a difference in comparison with the other four rides.

Your task is to find out
- what are the names of the coasters and their locations
- which one is the "fifth man out"?
- what is the difference in comparison to the other four rides.

If you wanna take part please send a pm or an E-Mail to me untill Friday night. Please do not post any answers right into this thread in order not to make it too easy to the others or disturbing them while guessing.

The solution and the winner who will go directly into our Hall of Fame will be announced on Saturday.

Candidate No. 1

He is the guardian over Gotham City
He made his first appearance in 1992 and turned the rollercoaster world upside down. And this five times in a row.

What is the name and location of this coaster?

The next one will be presented tomorrow.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6739 Verfasst am Dienstag, 12. August 2003 10:03
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 14.08.2003 12:57
Themenersteller
Relax
Candidate No. 2

This is actually the first version of this kind of coaster type that was installed in this U.S.-state. Today there are currently three versions of this type operating at dífferent parks.

The state has become famous (at least in Germany) due to TV and movie-appearances. There is one TV-series where two families are in a constant fight about women, money, oil and barbequues on a ranch and another movie is reflecting on troubles some astronauts face, thus they adress a city in the state with the comment that they are facing a complication.

The theme park where the requested rollercoaster can be found is not connected directly to the two cities mentioned above.

The theme and the name of the rollercoaster can be connected to Steven Spielbergs classic horror movie from 1975.

If you wanna take part please send a pm or an E-Mail to me untill Friday night. Please do not post any answers right into this thread in order not to make it too easy to the others or disturbing them while guessing.

The solution and the winner who will go directly into our Hall of Fame will be announced on Saturday.

Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6796 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 13. August 2003 07:51
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 14.08.2003 12:56
Themenersteller
Relax
Candidate No. 3

My third coaster is located in the vicinity of a town that was established in 852 a.c. and which received its town's rights in the year 1202 a.c. In the year 1561 the king of that country declared the town to be the capital, two titles that remain in this country until today.

The coaster I am looking for was built after the millenium and was erected in a park section that can be described by the name of German pop-band "Wir sind Helden" (translates "We are heroes").

To whom this all stills sounds spanish be told, that you are not heading into a wrong direction.

The coaster neigbour of our requested coaster is higher and dominated by the colour of red.

Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #6917 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 14. August 2003 12:56
Themenersteller
Relax
Candidate No. 4

The name of thís coaster sounds devilish.
An inverted coaster in Manhattan? Did they really erect something like that in that green oasis of the city that never sleeps? And also a "Giant Peter" with 272 ft. diameter? And next to it also a safari park?
Well obviously no. I must have mixed the name of the park with the name of the Manhattan park. Seems there are several places worldwide with that name.

Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #7079 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 15:05
Themenersteller
Relax
Candidate No. 5

Today is the presentation of the last coaster I am looking for this week.
southernyatclub.com beach.html shows a park that existed until Septeber 1983 in the vicinity of the location where one can find a theme park today, where the requested roller coaster can be found.
The new park openes in 2000 with a name that related to music. Within that new park some attractions had been given the name of the attractions that could have been found at the old venue mentioned above.
In 2003 the park reopened under a new name and a new management. As additions there were also two coasters coming to the new park. One from the same continent, the other one came from somewhere else.
I am looking for the second mentioned.

If you could also name the other four coasters you may spot the difference between one and the other four of them. Please describe the difference.

The solution and the winner who will go directly into our Hall of Fame will be announced tomorrow.
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #7168 Verfasst am Samstag, 16. August 2003 07:50
Themenersteller
Relax
Solution:

All the five coasters are based on the layout of the Inverted Coaster prototype by B&M called "Batman-the Tide" from Six Flags Great America.
The coaster I searched for are:
1. Batman - the Ride / Six Flags Great America / U.S.
2. Great White / Sea World of Texas / U.S.
3. Batman - la Fuga / Warner Bros. Movie World / Spain
4. Diavlo / Himeji Central Park / Japan
5. Batman - the Ride / Six Flags New Orleans / U.S.

The fifth man out was Number 5. And this because of two reasons: this is the first B&M coaster to be put up as a second hand ride (it appeared before its current location as "Gambit" in Gotemba Familyland/Thrill Valley in Japan), and also because the ride is layed out as a mirror-image of the original ride in Six Flags Great America, that means, after the lift hill the first drop turns to the right, while the original versions turn to the left (there are two more mirror-image rides like that: Batman - the Ride at Six Flags St. Louis and Vampire at La Ronde).

There were five participants:
Cornholio (11 correct answers)
GhostRider (7 correct answers, not being able to take part untill the end, he knew already halfway )
Maxi (6 correct answers)what I was goin' for - respect for right guessing!)
Na Logo (11 correct answers)
Peis (11 correct answers)

Congratulations to all participants!
The winner that was drawn from among the three finalists is Peis.
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag