Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #7067 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 13:53
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi Iain,

I hope you have not been affected too much by the loss of energy yesterday.

Hope to read from you soon again.

Best wishes
Thorsten.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #7112 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 19:02 Relax
It has been really crazy over here! S

The opening of the Toronto Kirmes (CNE) has been delayed by one day, until Tomorrow (Saturday). No KMG Afterburner for me tonight! S

Also, Paramount Canada's Wonderland will not open today because the power is still out in more than 50% of Ontario. Last night it was really weird.

I'm sending this message from work because we got power back sometime this morning but it might not be on for long!

Thanks for the thoughts though S

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #7116 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 19:16
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi Iain,

good to see you are doing well.

Good luck,
for a quick coming back to normalcy.

Enjoy going to the CNE the weekend twice as much.

"Gut Ding will Weile haben"
German saying for
"Good things do take time"
Lord Dreadnaught
Einsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #7118 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 19:20 Relax
Hi Iain,
I heard the Blaster Virus would be to blame for the loss of energy in the U.S.A. and Canada, is that right ?
I hope you don't suffer too much in this situation.

Best wishes from me as well !!!
Take the Tunnel!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #7119 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 19:30 Relax
I didn't hear anything about a "Blaster Virus" (I'm actually not quite sure what that is). The Canadian Government says the problem is with the US and the US Government is saying the problem originated in Canada.

I think the power grid is so complex that it could have just been a simple little problem that snowballed into something much bigger. A fluke!

But a lot of people were stuck on the subways in the various cities as well as elevators all over. S I'm curious how that is taken care of...

I just saw that the city I live in is again without power, but here at my work we have power still. I hate having to climb all the stairs to get to my apartment (17 floors) when the elevators aren't working!

-Iain
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #7121 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 19:39
Themenersteller
Relax
Zitat I hate having to climb all the stairs to get to my apartment (17 floors) when the elevators aren't working!

So, there is at least some kind of fitness sense to it all.

Don't beat me. Just kiddin'.
Lord Dreadnaught
Einsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #7131 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. August 2003 21:16 Relax
MilitaryDuckJock I didn't hear anything about a "Blaster Virus" (I'm actually not quite sure what that is). The Canadian Government says the problem is with the US and the US Government is saying the problem originated in Canada.

I think the power grid is so complex that it could have just been a simple little problem that snowballed into something much bigger. A fluke!

But a lot of people were stuck on the subways in the various cities as well as elevators all over. S I'm curious how that is taken care of...

I just saw that the city I live in is again without power, but here at my work we have power still. I hate having to climb all the stairs to get to my apartment (17 floors) when the elevators aren't working!

-Iain

I've seen a TV-Report a few minutes ago, now I also don't think that the electricity crash has something to do with the Blaster Virus.
The Blaster Virus is a computervirus which exists since the beginning of the week, many computers in germany were infected so I thought in America it's also very spread and you know it (I hope spread is the right word).

Well, I was very surprised and also a little shocked when I saw the New Yorker people ind this TV-Report. They were happy about the situation and while they were sleeping on the streets the made a big party.
When I imagine that I would have to stay on the street over night without electricity and together with thousends of people I get a goose skin. I can't reconstruct that but maybe thats the New Yorker way of life. S
Take the Tunnel!
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #7155 Verfasst am Samstag, 16. August 2003 00:21
Themenersteller
Relax
Zitat I can't reconstruct that but maybe thats the New Yorker way of life.

Remember, it's the city that never sleeps. Not even if the lights went out.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #7185 Verfasst am Samstag, 16. August 2003 16:10 Relax
I've never been to New York City but it looks pretty interesting downtown. S

More news, Canada's Wonderland has been closed since 18h00 on Thursday and won't open todya (Saturday). The CNE has been delayed until MONDAY! S That's because the Prime Minister of Canada has declared a state of emergency and all non-essensial services have been terminated until the problem is resolved.

-Iain
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #7377 Verfasst am Montag, 18. August 2003 16:36 Relax
With all the continuing problems the CNE will not not open until tomorrow (Tuesday).

I drove by yesterday and was quite dissapointed that Dopple Looping was nowhere to be seen.

-Iain
))HELICOP((
Einsteiger

Deutschland . BW

Link zum Beitrag #7395 Verfasst am Montag, 18. August 2003 19:55 Relax
Hi @ all,

must be a hard time for coaster-enthusiats in the affected areas. Has power been restored yet or are you still out of electricity in your homes, stores, schools etc. ?

Regards

))HELICOP((
Quod iovi licet non bovi licet.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #7402 Verfasst am Montag, 18. August 2003 20:30 Relax
It has now been restored and Canada's Wonderland is open but they are stating they're operating at 50%. The Government of Ontario has asked all businesses to try and use half the power they normally use. I am quite surprised Canada's Wonderland is still running Sledgehammer as it draws over 1 MW when the pumps are on. I supose they could just shut down a few smaller rides and it would make up for it...

The pumps for the water falls on the mountain were shut off on Sunday and a lot of lighting was turned off as well.

-Iain
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag