Autor Nachricht
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #9812 Verfasst am Montag, 08. September 2003 16:23
Themenersteller
Relax
As some of you may know, Paramount Canada's Wonderland is home to 3 nice machines by Mondial. 2000 brought the Splashover prototype, Cliffhanger, in 2001 came the Topscan, Shockwave, and in 2002 was the custom-built Revolution named Psyclone.

Well, for the last two and a half years, Shockwave has run a fairly slow ride program. It is the only Topscan I have ever done, so I can only compare its ride speed from that of the videoclips I've seen of other ones running in Europe at full tilt. Shockwave was doing a slow sequence of both the rotor and boom rotating in the same direction about 2.5 times foward, and then 1.5 times backward, not very fast.

Well, imagine our surprise when Roman and I were walking up the pathway to it on Saturday evening, and saw it do something completly different! We immideatley ran to the ride and joined the queue.

The ride operations staff were energetic and excited, they knew the crowd was loving the new ride. The operator in the booth was even saying things like, "Welcome to the new, improved, Shockwave! We're longer, harder, faster, stronger!" and such. It felt very much like how I imagine the European fair atmosphere to be. S

The new program it is doing is not only longer and faster but has a lot of variety. I think Roman and I were both hyperventalating at the end of the ride, completly blown away. I questioned long and hard if it was the best ride I have ever had on any ride, anywhere. It was that good.

Sadly we had gone to that area of the park toward the evening and soon the park closed. As its now only open on weekends I'll have to wait a whole week to do it again.

Anyway, now I'm even more jealous of you guys, with your properly run Topscans. S

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag