Autor Nachricht
KristofSFB
Einsteiger
Belgium
Belgien

Link zum Beitrag #172567 Verfasst am Sonntag, 14. August 2005 13:02
Themenersteller
Relax
When TPV had the interview with Walibi Belgium's General Manager, Rudy Hulsman, he told them that the park would like to do something with Tornado during the Halloween festival.

Yesterday, the park announced Tornalloween to the park operators. A complete new horrorzone at the old Tornado square! It's not known what exactly is going to happen, but I believe it will be some kind of haunted walk through...
It would be the second Halloween walk through in the park. The other one is 'Paleis van 1001 Nachtmerrie' which you can find in the former Ali Baba building, next to the park's Boomerang: Cobra!
Challenge of Tutankhamon: Ride The Legend!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #172592 Verfasst am Sonntag, 14. August 2005 14:08 Relax
That sounds like a good and fun way to pay respect to a lost ride. I like it. S

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
KristofSFB
Einsteiger
Belgium
Belgien

Link zum Beitrag #181250 Verfasst am Dienstag, 13. September 2005 11:52
Themenersteller
Relax
And as it was a rumor for the past years, it has become reality. This year is the last year for Tornado on Belgian grounds. The park has confirmed that the Vekoma Corkscrew -the first coaster of it's kind in Europe- has been sold to another park. The deal is almost finished and the coaster will be replaced to the park this winter. Walibi Belgium does not like to say which park it will be replaced to, but other rumors say it's moving to a park in Argentina!

Other news is that Walibi Belgium gave up research to find a way to re-open the park's Swinging Looping Ship: Bounty. The ship has been down for the past 2 years. When it will be removed is unknown, but it will be in some time!
NaLogo
Onrider Michael Beckers
Köln
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #181256 Verfasst am Dienstag, 13. September 2005 12:19 Relax
KristofSFB
(...)
Other news is that Walibi Belgium gave up research to find a way to re-open the park's Swinging Looping Ship: Bounty. The ship has been down for the past 2 years. When it will be removed is unknown, but it will be in some time!

For what reason was the shiped closed down anyway? Not that i would like to ride it, i'm happy that i hadn't the choise whether to ride it or not....S

Regards,
Michael

Gruß, Michael
Wenn man lang genug nach einer Limo schreit, bekommt man sie auch einestages!
KristofSFB
Einsteiger
Belgium
Belgien

Link zum Beitrag #181263 Verfasst am Dienstag, 13. September 2005 12:31
Themenersteller
Relax
NaLogo For what reason was the shiped closed down anyway? Not that i would like to ride it, i'm happy that i hadn't the choise whether to ride it or not....S

Regards,
Michael

I was always told that it closed because of Challenge of Tutankhamon. The engine for Bounty was placed in the former building for 'Kuifje en het Geheim van de Eenhoorn'. It was placed there for the noise it produced. When the Kuifje building would be transformed to Challenge of Tutankhamon, they had to find another place to hide the engine. It had to be somewhere indoors because of the locals of the park. They couldn't find a place so they closed it.

Other things that were told, was the fact that Bounty got strucked by lightening somwhere in 2003, which broke down the engine.

Actually, ever since the ride was closed, the park was looking for many ways to re-open it. They gave up Bounty because a revamp of this ride would be too expensive.
KristofSFB
Einsteiger
Belgium
Belgien

Link zum Beitrag #185927 Verfasst am Samstag, 01. Oktober 2005 10:11
Themenersteller
Relax
The first pictures of Tornalloween appeared online. It seems Walibi did a great job on this one! The place looks awesome!

Here are some goofs, so if you want to be surprised on your visit to Halloween - The Original, please don't read the goofs below!

- an old chapel is build in the center of the coaster
- a famous wintersport down the coaster's lift hill
- a lot of dead bodies
- crashed Tornado trains
- new Tornado trains S
- Clowns

If you can't wait to see some pictures, visit the website of Jonathan Vyncke.
walibi.org > Entrez > Galerie Photo > Halloween 2005!
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag