Autor Nachricht
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #10299 Verfasst am Freitag, 12. September 2003 16:51
Themenersteller
Relax
I went with my mom to Western Fair in London, Ontario, Canada, on Wednesday.

Rides were provided by two Canadian companies, Campbell Amusements from Ontario and Beauce Carnival from Quebec. Beauce keeps their rides in top-notch shape, and their operators are great, very friendy, and really quick. Campbell is horrible and I don't want to talk about it. They have horrible, trash rides, and terrible operators (one was bleeding severly from his mouth all over as he latched us into the Scrambler).

The best ride there was a total surprise, it's a brand new freefall tower operated by Beauce Carnival. I have no idea who built it! It's quite small (probably not even 20 metres!) but it gives about 1 second of freefall. It's a very powerful shot down with the gas-assist cylinders at the top, and a very powerful stop. The brakes catch the car too high, though - it could fall another 2 or 3 metres without any problem, I think. It takes about 1 minute to go up (very slow).

I have many more images from my digital camera at home but for now, here is some on-ride stuff from the freefall tower, "Super Shot". Enjoy!

members.rogers.com SuperShot01.mpg - off ride
members.rogers.com SuperShot02.mpg - on ride 1
members.rogers.com SuperShot03.mpg - on ride 2

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com SuperShot04.jpg

-Freefall!

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com SuperShot05.jpg

-My mom and I

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #10301 Verfasst am Freitag, 12. September 2003 17:33 Relax
Could that be a very small Fabbri Mega Drop?
Looks very cool for small fairs and such.
I'm a little angry at myself for not riding the Fabbri Mega Drop at BonBon Land. I waited in the queueline but there was some problems with the restraints so I went to ride something else while they fixed it but I never got the chance to ride it later during the day...
Oh well there'll be alot of chances to ride one of their mega drops in the future I hope.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #10302 Verfasst am Freitag, 12. September 2003 17:46
Themenersteller
Relax
Olov Could that be a very small Fabbri Mega Drop?
Looks very cool for small fairs and such.

That was my first thought when I saw it from far away, but up-close the car doesn't look like the Mega Drop car, I don't think.

I asked the operator who the constructor was, and he replied "Wisdom". Beauce owns other Wisdom rides, so I guess that's maybe who it was, but I can't find any information online about it at all!

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag