Mitglied wählen
Freunde
Suche
wanted info on ex Drier Looping (R. Barth)
Autor Nachricht
David
Einsteiger David Wragg

GB

Link zum Beitrag #11057 Verfasst am Samstag, 20. September 2003 16:43
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi everyone

You guys would be the best ones to ask.

Anys anyone of any info on this ride when it was in Germany?

I want to know how it traveled, how much the ride cost. What fairs it would have done before and after 1989 when Olympia Looping opened.

I also want to know how much maintence it used to recive under Rudolpf Barth.

Where did this ride open and how did the crowd respond to this then new ride in 1984?

And anything that might be interesting.

Thanks for any info.

David Wragg.
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #11073 Verfasst am Samstag, 20. September 2003 21:22 Relax
Hi David,

according to the book on Werner Stengel, the Dreier Looping had its debut in 1984 at the Hannover Schützenfest.
The amount is said to have been 13.000.000 DM (more than 6.500.000 Euro).
I will check later on the date when the Dreier was sold to Malaysia (Sunway Lagoon), where it operated as a pink coloured ride.

EDIT:

According to a short article the Dreier Looping had its debut on the 29.06.1984 at the Hannover Schützenfest.
Its final german fair was in September/October of 1996 at the Kramermarkt in Oldenburg.
When the Olympia-Looping became Barths new flagship the Dreier Looping began operation at smaller fairs, in some cases at places where there had not been a ride of that size before, so it became a npvelty for the second time. The Dreier travelled in those days fairs like:
Mannheim, Aschaffenburg, Augsburg, Straubing, Bad Kreuznach, Recklinghausen and others.

Saul, Christian: Ade Dreier Looing, in: Kirmes Revue 1+2/1997, p. 6.

Best wishes from Germany
Thorsten.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag