Autor Nachricht
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #11285 Verfasst am Montag, 22. September 2003 19:15
Themenersteller
Relax
You all may have read about the lethal accident on one of the wooden coasters in Holiday Park, Indiana, USA.
As a consequence the park owner issued a new "Zero Tolerance" directive towards visitors of his parks, especially aiming at enthusiasts group.

The following letter was issued by to enthusiast groups by Will Koch, President and General Manager of Holiday World and Splashin' Safari:

Zitat 16 September, 2003

It is time to add my voice to the discussion about coaster enthusiasts and ride safety.

During the investigation that followed the tragic accident at Holiday World earlier this season, we became aware of actions taken by—and encouraged by—a number of enthusiasts. We are appalled to learn that this minority of enthusiasts continues to practice unsafe and even illegal behavior at parks, and brag about it on the Internet.

For this reason, we will not host any special events for coaster enthusiasts in 2004.

We are also initiating a Zero Tolerance Policy in regards to safety. In the past, we have relied on a stern warning and ejection from the park when a rider broke a safety rule. Effective immediately, a park guest who compromises his or her own—or others—safety will be permanently banned from the park.

This Zero Tolerance Policy extends to false and harmful information spread on the various Internet newsgroups and forums. This includes posting advice about how to defeat safety devices and how to sneak cameras (when forbidden) onto coasters. It also includes making libelous claims regarding park policies and procedures.

Coaster clubs are at risk of losing the trust of parks. The future of these relationships and special events may well be at stake. We urge you to take a Zero Tolerance stand with your members. We encourage you to communicate with other clubs—as well as parks—as we work together to weed out the bad influence that threatens to erode a friendship we have grown to treasure over the years.

Please share this letter with your members.

Sincerely,
Will Koch
President and General Manager
Holiday World and Splashin' Safari

What do you think about Zero Tolerance?
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
krouvi
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #11290 Verfasst am Montag, 22. September 2003 19:27 Relax
I can understand the safety problems but this letter show more of hostility towards cpasters funs - and this is "zero tolerated" for me. Most of us are know what we are doing and we keep safety as it should be.
By this letter I can understand there will be no coaster events for fun in 2004 , as kind of punishment - well theme parks need us more than we need them, and we can punish them the same way by not visiting. The news are that there are enough parks to visit , and Holoiday world .... well they should balme someone else .
Parsons
Einsteiger Antonio Beltrán
Madrid
Spanien

Link zum Beitrag #11302 Verfasst am Montag, 22. September 2003 20:08 Relax
An error.

I think that it is a way to change the attention of a security problem.

Anyway, they can´t accuse to all collective for the acts of one person...
"...Ni los balcones se abrieron...ni las macetas llovían...ni siquiera fuiste tú quien avisó a la policía..."
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #11329 Verfasst am Montag, 22. September 2003 23:01 Relax
The letter has been recieved with a lot of mixed reactions here in North America... you wouldn't believe the response on all the North American forums. It doesn't really bother me because I've never gone to a coaster event (Except at Knoebels last year, that was my first one), and I don't care about trying to leave my lap bar up or whatever. I'm happy to just relax and let the ride do whatever it needs to do to me to put a smile on my face.

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Faint
Einsteiger
Dalfsen
Niederlande

Link zum Beitrag #13594 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 09. Oktober 2003 21:46 Relax
If the seatbelt is totaly lose and the restraint only one 'click' towards you, you can't say its unfair that the park kicks you out!
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag