Lauri
Einsteiger Lauri Ranta
Finland
Finnland

Link zum Beitrag #198106 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. November 2005 14:56
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 15.11.2005 14:57
Themenersteller
Relax
Do you know if there are any Huss Discorounds found operating in Europe? I've seen some pics of a model in German fair circuits and also there's one (horrible looking) model featured in wipeout.free.fr. I guess the French one is still operating but how about the German?

It looks like a good attraction, and people really seemed to like the one that was in Finland about 10 years ago. It's weird how there seems to be none of them around anymore.
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #198203 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. November 2005 20:52
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 15.11.2005 20:53
Relax
Hello Lauri,

in Germany there are no more travelling versions of a Disco Round.
One of the last ones, the version from Klaus Mittler, was sold to a Dutch showman some years ago and later -in 2004- burned down.
onride.de viewtopic.php
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
skytrip
Aufsteiger Frank Mertens
Troisdorf
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #198251 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. November 2005 23:32 Relax
Tejay

in Germany there are no more travelling versions of a Disco Round.

Tejay might be wrong this time, because Mr. Freiwald's Disco Round (which was stored during the last years) played at the Spreewaldfest in Lübben last September.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #219279 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 01. Februar 2006 18:51 Relax
I know it's not Germany, but there's one here in Canada at Quebec's La Ronde in Montreal. I rode it for the first time last year, and I have never been more insulted on a ride before! S

It's violent, confusing, hilaroius, and totally doesn't feel like a HUSS-ride.

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
LarondeJP
Einsteiger Jean-Philippe

Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #271996 Verfasst am Samstag, 03. Juni 2006 03:41 Relax
I am a canadian, the Disco-Round at La Ronde is one of my favorites rides. It's a really good ride, it looks like a terror machine, it is a very noisy ride, everybody scream, the motor makes a really loud noise !

I took some video in the ride and off the ride, i will post it later.
Gregster
Einsteiger Greg Pearn
Chester
GB

Link zum Beitrag #273223 Verfasst am Montag, 05. Juni 2006 11:00 Relax
Is this the ride you mean at La Ronde?

Fremdbild
Quelle: 235club.org.uk normal_IMG_0144.JPG

Dam, I thought it was 'just' a Gravitron type ride and give it a miss! The HUSS version looks a bit more interesting.

Greg
LarondeJP
Einsteiger Jean-Philippe

Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #273500 Verfasst am Montag, 05. Juni 2006 16:08 Relax
the gravitron seems to be a reaaly good ride, but I had never try a gravitron. But inside the gravitron, you are standing up, on the wall, and when it goes fast, you just start to fly, you climb up on the wall.

But the Ovni, or the discoround, you are sit down, and because of the pumps under the seats, and because of the inclinaison of 30 degre, and because of the speed, the seats goes up and down. Gravitron are more fun because of the lights and the music inside, but in a discoround, you move much more than in a gravitron. There is more action.

And thank you for that beautyful picture Gregster. The ovni is now 20 years old, and the ride is not in good shape, but at night, this is one of the most beautyful ride at La Ronde.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #282645 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2006 02:12 Relax
Hmm, "Lovely" isn't quite the word I would have used to desctibe L'Ovni... despite the two words sounding the same S I was quite horrified the first time I rode it a few years ago and each year, while I do give it a try, it makes me walk away shaking my head. I guess every manufacturer has one ride that goes wrong. S

2006:
Fremdbild
Quelle: maj.com dsc06276.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: korkas.com 06_Jun13_La_Ronde_072.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: korkas.com 06_Jun13_La_Ronde_073.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: korkas.com 06_Jun13_La_Ronde_075.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: korkas.com 06_Jun13_La_Ronde_076.jpg

It just makes me shake my head... S

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #297050 Verfasst am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 07:56 Relax
Obviously there is one example travelling the eastern part of Germany. There are actual pictures of the ride @ Dresden.

LarondeJP
Einsteiger Jean-Philippe

Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #297508 Verfasst am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 19:42 Relax
nice pictures ! !

I was not sure if this one was travelling again.

So they are 3 disco-rounds in the world. Ovni at La Ronde , Disco-round at Everland , south korea, and this one in germany.

Soon I will put an On-Ride and off ride video, on internet. So for the people who don't know how it is inside, you'll see.

Thanks for the pictures, tejay !
LarondeJP
Einsteiger Jean-Philippe

Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #299929 Verfasst am Samstag, 22. Juli 2006 03:05
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 22.07.2006 03:06
Relax
here is a picture of the disco-round at everland, south korea, in 2006.

Fremdbild
Quelle: coasterforce.com discoround.jpg

This is one of the only 3 operating disco-round in 2006.
LarondeJP
Einsteiger Jean-Philippe

Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #302801 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2006 19:51 Relax
Hey everybody. My on-ride video of the Ovni is now on the internet, here is the link :

youtube.com watch

For the people who had ever try a Disco-Round, I hope this sound will remember you some good memories !
LarondeJP
Einsteiger Jean-Philippe

Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #343100 Verfasst am Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2006 03:25 Relax
Here is an On-Ride video of the disco-round at Everland : amaranscamp.suwon.ac.kr ever02.wmv (really great sound quality)

And another video : this is a video of the Disco-Round of Lorenz, in germany, (off-ride) : youtube.com watch (really fast disco-round !)

Leave my your comments !
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #376717 Verfasst am Freitag, 12. Januar 2007 10:23 Relax
According to screamscape.com La Ronde has removed the Ovni from the park.

Does anyone have more information?
- Storage?
- Sold?
LarondeJP
Einsteiger Jean-Philippe

Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #377022 Verfasst am Freitag, 12. Januar 2007 19:54 Relax
La Ronde has removed the Ovni in december. I continue to hope that they will just relocate the ride in the park, but I really don't believe they will do that. Since 2002 the ride is in bad shape, they slow it down in 2004, and then again in 2006. No more max speed. They had problem to turn on the ride. Since 2002, each year, there are some rumors that tells that they will remove it.

This ride was my favorite ride in the 90's, when it was really fast. But in 2006 it was boring.... I continued to go in just because I love this ride. And because it is so rare.

I don't think they will sell the ride. I think it will just go to the garbage. Or maybe send the ride to Huss, that will send some parts to Everland for their Disco-Round.

So now, there are only 2 disco-rounds in existance in the entire world. And i saw the picture of the disco-round at Everland, and I think it will be removed soon... it's in bad shape , like the ovni.

The disco-round of Lorenz will probably be the last one to be demolished. With the picture I saw, and the video on youtube, I think it could continue to exist at least another 5 years. Maybe 10, if it's stored somewhere.
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag