Autor Nachricht
John Thorp
Einsteiger Johnthorp

GB

Link zum Beitrag #261532 Verfasst am Montag, 15. Mai 2006 21:20
Themenersteller
Relax
Hello Members,

Although a topic like this from an inquisitive Brit usually rolls around once a year, but as of the moment, I'm planning a trip to Dusseldorf Kermis and Phantasialand from July 21st-July 24th this year. The trip is generally planned out, but I have a few remaining questions S

First of all, originally I planned to head straight to Dusseldorf as soon as I left Cologne airport, however, I may in fact spend the evening in Cologne instead. This means missing the Dusseldorf fair fireworks I believe, however, the following day the fair is open from 11AM-2AM, which is plenty of time to blow all my cash! Is their all that much to do in Cologne for the evening, and can you reccomend a good hotel?

Secondly, hotels in Dusseldorf seem to rocket in price on a Saturday night, and so can anybody reccomend a hotel for the Saturday night which is cheap, convenient to the fair, by public transport or otherwise, and also to the central train station - I will be travelling to Phantasialand from here on the Sunday morning.

Any other hints and tips would be appreciated! S

John
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #261544 Verfasst am Montag, 15. Mai 2006 21:37
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 15.05.2006 21:39
Relax
Hi John,

here is a link to an older Thread two years ago, with Marcus Sheen writing about a possible location to stay:
onride.de viewtopic.php
Otherwise, there may also be cheap locations in Cologne to stay for some days.
Also, Cologne has an attractive nightlife scene.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Frigga
Aufsteiger Katja Salentin

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #274721 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 07. Juni 2006 12:59 Relax
There is a youth hostel in Cologne which is quite near to the main station and the city. PN me, if you like to have more information.
So dumm wie es kommt, kannst du gar nicht denken.
Koa
Einsteiger James Wearing
Norwich
GB

Link zum Beitrag #294196 Verfasst am Dienstag, 11. Juli 2006 15:18 Relax
Cologne isn't the most stunning tourist attraction... It has some nice architecture, but nothing to write home about. If you are only spending an evening there then you will find enough to do. I suggest checking out the local bars for some excellent German brews...probably the best way to spend your time there S
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag