Mitglied wählen
Freunde
Suche
Scandi / Germany / Dutch trip.....looking for some help! Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Autor Nachricht
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #344665 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 15:58
Themenersteller
Relax
Hello everyone!

I was told to come to this site to see about some help on my Scandi/Germany/Netherlands trip. After planning this trip, I heard that Germany has a month long holiday in August. So that makes me quite nervous as we are supposed to hitting the German parks smack dab in the middle of August. Typical!

So this brings me to the question.....is this trip possible??? Besides the fact of exhaustion. If anyone could look at the dates and let me know if we should or could move the trip back a few weeks or bump it up a few weeks. Any help is much appreciated.

So here are the tentative plans right now.... (I just saw Liseberg on a Saturday.....how bad is that? oops!)

Tuesday August 7 Day 1: Power park
Wednesday August 8 Day 2: Sarkanniemi Park & Linnanmaki
Thursday August 9 Day 3: Gronalund
Friday August 10 Day 4: TusenFryd
Saturday August 11 Day 5: Liseberg
Sunday August 12 Day 6: Farup Sommerland & Tivoliland
Monday August 13 Day 7: Djurs Sommerland & Tivoli Friheden & Legoland Billund
Tuesday August 14 Day 8: Sommerland Sjælland & Tivoli Gardens
Wednesday August 15 Day 9: Bon Bon Land & Bakken
Thursday August 16 Day 10: Hansa Park & Heide Park
FridayAugust 17 Day 11: Drievliet Amusement park & Duinrell
Saturday August 18 Day 12: Bobbejaanland & Toverland
Sunday August 19 Day 13: Phantasialand & HeiBe Fahrt wild – und Freizeitpark Klotten
Monday August 20 Day 14: Erlebnispark Tripsdrill park & Schwaben Park & Skyline park & Legoland
Tuesday August 21 Day 15: Europa Park
Wednesday August 22 Day 16: Erlebnispark Plohn & Belantis & Erlebniswelt Seilbahnen Thale

Thank you all for your help! We are really looking forward to getting back to Germany and hitting up some new parks!

Matt
Nordisc
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #344690 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 16:44 Relax
Oh my god, you are crazy man. I would take the focus on the best parks of your coming torture, sorry tour. Parks like Tivoliland in Aalborg (excepted the Vekoma Boomerang) and Tivoli Friheden are not really amazing. It is not a Must Have! But it is your own decision. On Sunday in August, Faarup might be very full, but take the time for the greatest amusement park in Denmark. Don`t forget your swimwear S . I would visit the Tivoliland in the evening. The park is open in the evening as well and you need less than two hours for it.
Visiting Heidepark and Hansapark on one day might be not in your interest. You need about 1 1/2 hours by car from Sierksdorf to Soltau. Especially for the Heidepark a few hours are needed, even when you take the focus on coastering (Welcome our first acceleration Coaster next year, Desert Race).

I think Scandinavia is always a good aim for coastering. Liseberg is an amazing amusement park, Tusenfryd especially Speed Monster (what a Coaster S ) as well.

I hope you will have some great days in Scandinavia, Germany and the Netherlands. Have a good time. For further information or detailled question, you know what to do S .

Best regards

Nordisc

P.S. Why don`t you visit Walibi World, when you travel through the Netherlands?
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #344719 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 18:13
Themenersteller
Relax
nordisc....
thanks for the help. On this trip, we are pretty much credit whorin the small parks and trying to enjoy the larger parks. I didnt plan this trip, but let me tell you, our trip to Japan last year(which I planned) we hit up 45 parks and rode 147 coasters in 26 days! Insane yes! Fun? yes! We are just going to run in and out of the small parks.

As for Heide and Hansa....we have already been to Heide in 2002 so we know we want to ride ( the SLC....since it was closed last time) During our visit Colossus had full queues! Ugghh.... By the way, does the queue still fill up....in August? We are just really afraid of the holiday in Germany?

I guess that is the main question. Are these parks just obscenely packed in August or are they manageable?

As for Walibi World.....we have already been there...not enough time. But as for Europa......there is always time to ride Euro-Mir!!! I just love that ride.

oooohhh....another quick question....does the Europa Hotel Colleseo or the Phantasialand Hotel give early admission or express line priveledges or is that just what us impatient americans have to offer to get us into a hotel??

Thanks again.
matt
Nordisc
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #344752 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 19:12
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 25.10.2006 19:13
Relax
So, i try my best: S

The queues in august are normally filled up dramatically. Germans have holidays (you are afraight, right S ). Visitors from our neighbour lands overflooding the german amusement parks. S . No, don`t worry, but it depends on the weather on the one hand and the day on the other hand. Weekends normally are your personal death, you will spend the day in the queues insted of riding our wonderfull rollercoasters. The waiting times in the Heidepark can be about 2 hours for Colossos and 1 hour for the SLC (One hour for receiving some hits and getting ass kicked, no thank you S ).Am I right, that you did not ride Colossos on your last trip? Bad Boy, it is a must Do, one of our best rollercoasters.
According to your last question, visitors of the Collosseo Hotel (and the other EP accomodations as well) have access to the attractions a little bit earlier. I think up to an hour.

Is it manageabel or not?Difficult question. I think your plan is mighty, but not unrealistic. Try your best. And of course everybody hier at onride.de wants to have a detailled ride report from ALL of your visited parks including a lot of nice pictures. S

If you need special information about the traveling routes or shipping plans in Scandinavia, contact me via PN or post it in this thread.

Greetings from Germany

Nordisc
GerhardL
Aufsteiger Gerhard

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #344788 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 20:19 Relax
baclueless Sunday August 19 Day 13: Phantasialand & HeiBe Fahrt wild – und Freizeitpark Klotten
Monday August 20 Day 14: Erlebnispark Tripsdrill park & Schwaben Park & Skyline park & Legoland
Tuesday August 21 Day 15: Europa Park
Wednesday August 22 Day 16: Erlebnispark Plohn & Belantis & Erlebniswelt Seilbahnen Thale

That's quite a strage mix if you ask me[1]... you're including some really small parks that from a global point of view are little more than a count on a small countable ride yet you leave out Holiday Park and Expedition Geforce which is almost on your way if you're going southward from Phantasialand. I'd probably redesign these three days a bit to get most out of Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Tripsdrill and Europa Park.

Gerhard

[1] But then, I'm not that much into coaster-counting.
"Now is all we have."
Noemi79
Einsteiger Noemi Cnm

Italien

Link zum Beitrag #347313 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 01. November 2006 13:07
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 01.11.2006 13:10
Relax
I've just done a Germany Tour (August 2006)...so these are my suggestions:

1. One day isn't enought for Europa Park!!!..it's a beautiful park!!!..full of great attractions!

2. Phantasialand....I LOVE that park..it has a lot of original attractions... 1 day..FULL!!

3. ....HOLIDAY PARK??????......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Xpedition Ge Force is the funniest coaster in the entire world!!!!!!!!!

4. no problem for the line..if it's rainy!!!... S...

5. too many parks.....do you want to do a "record" or visit parks?.. S

sorry for my awful english! S

p.s. where are you from??
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #348271 Verfasst am Freitag, 03. November 2006 18:00
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 03.11.2006 18:00
Relax
Hey Matt! Cool sounding trip, hope you have a great time S Are you going with Sean?

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Platz 1 der Top Bilder 2023 + Gewinner der Fotowettbewerbe "Vorgeschlagene Bilder 1/2" und "Vorgeschlagene Bilder 2/2" 2023multimueller
Aufsteiger Tom

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #349331 Verfasst am Montag, 06. November 2006 07:02
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 06.11.2006 07:03
Relax
What about Holiday Park? What about Walibi World?
Quadratische Bilder aus Freizeitparks: instagram.com/multimueller
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #389226 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2007 19:49
Themenersteller
Relax
Happy New Year...

So as things progressed we changed (typical) our trip... So here is the updated semi finalized trip we plan to do.

Wed Aug 1. Klotten, Duren Funfair
Thur Aug 2. Phantasialand and Herne Funfair
Fri Aug3. Tripsdrill and Holiday Park (since its opened till midnight)
Sat Aug 4 Schwaben Park, Skyline, and Legoland
Sun Aug 5 Europa Park and Fantastic Cable in Gerdemer, France
Mon Aug 6 Toverland and possibly Efteling
Tue Aug 7 Bobbejaanaland, Drivliet, Duinrell and Amsterdam
Wed Aug 8....Still a toss up...any suggestions? We cancelled a bunch of parks. Hamburg Fair...mostlikely
Thur Aug 9 Djurs Sommerland, Farup Summerland, and Tivoliland
Fri Aug 10 Liseberg
Sat Aug 11 Tusefryd
Sun Aug 12 Powerpark
Mon Aug 13 Linnamaki and Sarkenemimi
Tue Aug 14 Gronaland
Wed Aug 15 BonBon Land, Bakken and Tivoli Gardens
Thurs Aug 16 Hansa Park and Heide Park and Vechta FunFair

Now the question is.....are there rest areas for trucks to pull over??? We have them in the USA, but we are not sure if they are in any of the countries we will be traveling in. We will be in an RV and to control costs we will be only staying at campgrounds every other night or every third night. So we are going to drive as much as we can thru the night to parks and just pull over for some shut eye when we get tired. Do any of the parks let you pull into the car ports early or possibly overnight?

Nordisc, we actually rode Collossus a ton of times when we were there in 2002 with ACE. The only coaster that was closed was Limit. The only reason we are splitting those two parks is because we really dont think we need that much time at Hansa.

With everyone upset that we werent hitting Holiday Park, we changed our plans! That is because its open till midnight, which means its going to be super crowded.....ugghh....But has anyone been to their Summernights? What is special about it? Still crowded at midnight?

thanks for all the help! if any of you know actual drive times between parks that would be greatly appreciated....there is only so much that mapquest can help you with.

Thank you for your help thus far! If I think of anything else....Ill be back.
\\

PS. we just got a killer price on airfare....$497.00 roundtrip from Boston to Frankfurt! Direct flight....And we just reserved our RV! How exciting!

Hey Iain....yes I am going with Sean, Jim and Danielle.
Take Care,
matt
Dschack
Aufsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #389329 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2007 22:48
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 14.02.2007 22:49
Relax
I'm sorry, but

Zitat Sat Aug 11 Tusefryd
Sun Aug 12 Powerpark
Mon Aug 13 Linnamaki and Sarkenemimi
Tue Aug 14 Gronaland
Wed Aug 15 BonBon Land, Bakken and Tivoli Gardens
Thurs Aug 16 Hansa Park and Heide Park and Vechta FunFair

sounds completely ridiculous to me. Are you travelling with your own helicopter? Or how do you get from Tusenfryd to Powerpark?
The Knowledge
Mitglied

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #389332 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2007 22:51 Relax
Hi,

you can use the rest areas for overnight stays in your RV, no problem. And there are plenty of them.

I assume I don't have to tell you how absolutely insane you itenerary is, you credit whore! Have fun, though! And don't forget to ride the 3-storey ghost train at the Hamburg fair ... harr-harr! You will find out why ...

Kind regards,

Tim (no credit whore, but at 720)
Excess all areas!
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #389368 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 05:40
Themenersteller
Relax
Dschack....
Ummm....no helicopter, sorry to disappoint!
We will be driving from Oslo to Stockholm (yes I know its around an 8 hour drive) catching an 11pm ferry which arrives early the next morning, then we drive up to Powerpark! See.... no helicopter needed!

now for the funfair questions.....the hamburg fair states that they will be having Olympia Looping for August, but the Crainger Kirnes says that they have Olympia Looping for the first time! Which one is which?
Also, Is Eurostar, Space World and that Spinning Racer at any of the funfairs we will be hitting up?
Which is a funfair that is a must.....any that are not that spectacular?

tim....not a credit whore, but you are still at 720???? hmmm... Are you from the area???

Out of the four going on the trip, I have the least credits at 580..... I believe Jim is at 900+ or somewhere around that.
DasM
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #389369 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 07:18
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 15.02.2007 07:23
Relax
The Olympia Looping was at Herne 2006, i dont know if it was for the first time, but well.. the Olympia Looping was there.
But 2007 the Olympia Looping is in Hamburg from 27th July till 26th August
Sadly you miss the Düren Fun Fair (it end on 5th August) with 3 Coasters (Alpina Bahn, Crazy Coaster (Spinngin Coaster) and Höllenblitz (Indoor Mine Train)).

And sorry for my bad english S S
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #389373 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 08:30
Themenersteller
Relax
Thanks for that info...
We will actually be at the Duren Fun fair on Aug 1st! Great news about Alpina Bahn! I am looking forward to that coaster! Any good coasters at Herne?

What other coasters are at Hamburg?

Your English is just fine! Thanks for your help!

Matt
The Knowledge
Mitglied

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #389381 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 09:58 Relax
baclueless tim....not a credit whore, but you are still at 720???? hmmm... Are you from the area???

Which area do you mean? I live in Hamburg.

Not sure about the coasters attending the Hamburg summer fair, but I will keep you posted. A wild mouse is alwaya an option. Not very exiting, I know, but a credit at least. And at this point, it seems pretty sure that OL will be there.

Kind regards,

Tim
Excess all areas!
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #389525 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 17:07
Themenersteller
Relax
Hey Tim,

When I replying to you before, it didnt say where you were from.....sorry.....But in the main page I saw you were from Hamburg.

Since you are from Germany, what typical time do the parks close at when the website states "extended hours during high season" or something like that? i.e... Phantasialand, Heidepark, Europapark.... there is no definate closing time, so its sort of difficult to plan your departure time.

Feel free to join us at the Hamburg Fair if you are not doing anything that day (Thur.Aug 16th).

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

And we decided that we will do Walibi Belgium and Walibi World on that empty day. Since Walibi World is closing at midnight on that Wednesday! But then we have a 7+ hour drive up to Djurs Sommerland that night/morning! ugghh,how sleepy!

Matt
The Knowledge
Mitglied

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #389585 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 18:30 Relax
baclueless Since you are from Germany, what typical time do the parks close at when the website states "extended hours during high season" or something like that? i.e... Phantasialand, Heidepark, Europapark.... there is no definate closing time, so its sort of difficult to plan your departure time.

Phantasialand may be open until 7 or 7:30, Heidepark will close at 7 at the latest, Europa-Park may stay open until 8, but that happens just when the park is *very* busy. I've experienced that just once.

I *may* be working on that ghost train I mentioned before on that day ... otherwise I'd love to join you.

Kind regards,

Tim
Excess all areas!
AugustVonPolen
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #392959 Verfasst am Montag, 26. Februar 2007 01:56 Relax
baclueless
Thur Aug 2. Phantasialand and Herne Funfair

Hi Matt,
on this day you can get three credits more. As you can see on the Map, it is only 17km and 15min from "Phantasialand" to "Tobiland" .
On your way to Herne you may stop at Oberhausen and visit the "Centro Park".
From Oberhausen to Herne you will drive 30min.
After arriving in Herne you can go to "Familien&Freizeitpark Start&Ziel" where you can find a Butterfly.

baclueless Mon Aug 6 Toverland and possibly Efteling

On this day you can also visit "DippieDoe" wich is in Eindhoven, on your Route from Toverland to Efteling.

baclueless Tue Aug 7 Bobbejaanaland

Another two credits waiting 13km away from Bobbejaanland at "Megaspeelstad",
but look out, they may open the DicoTwister later (12pm).

baclueless Wed Aug 8....Still a toss up...any suggestions?

In this area you will find a lots of parks as you can see here

Green= on your list
Yellow= not on your list

distance for example PlopsaIndoor to Valkenier 35km

Hope it will help you
Greets
Auge
"...und nun schaust du in den Spiegel und ihr blickt euch fragend an."
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #393426 Verfasst am Dienstag, 27. Februar 2007 02:14
Themenersteller
Relax
Auge,

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

For Phantasialand, I dont believe any of us will want to leave that park for some "less than spectacular" credits. Im still nervous that we will not have enough time there with only 1 day. Not really sure how busy that park will be on a Thursday in August. Then after doing a little more research...the Herne Funfair doesnt start till the next night....so we might just hit up the Duren FunFair again.....Anyone been there??? Any good coasters or flat rides there?

Next group of questions..... We will most likely getting out of the airport around noon.....Is it possible to drive to Eifelpark, then close out the night to get some rides at Klotten, or should we go straight to Klotten? I noticed that Eifelpark has an Alpine coaster and an Alpine Slide! After Klotten we will doing the Duren Fair.

Maybe after some rearranging....Is it possible to go to Legoland to Skyline Park then head down to ConnyLand...That new Pax shuttle loop looks like a total blast!

I need to get going, but I will be back with more Questions!

Thank you all for your help!

Matt Bacoulis
fabred
Einsteiger Fabian
Berlin
Deutschland . BE

Link zum Beitrag #395102 Verfasst am Samstag, 03. März 2007 15:30 Relax
No one really knows when that Conny Land-Coaster is going to open due to massive problems with Pax.
Achterbahnen ohne Stationsdach sind natürlich untragbar!
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #395139 Verfasst am Samstag, 03. März 2007 17:47
Themenersteller
Relax
Why? What sort of problems are they having with Pax?? Damn, I just added that park to our itinerary...
Roll-A-Fella
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #395147 Verfasst am Samstag, 03. März 2007 18:22 Relax
PAX has not yet delivered the components and no one really knows when these will arrive (-at least this is the bygone days' status).

With kind regards,
Jan
Ich bin ein Berlino!
Jamahl
Aufsteiger Timo
Krefeld
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #395467 Verfasst am Sonntag, 04. März 2007 21:13 Relax
The premises of Pax are closed by the Russia government.

Currently Pax hold proceedings at a court but it is unclear when they will resume work.

Bye Jamahl

(Sorry my english is not the best S )
Abriss der Frauenkirche - Steine für die neue Mauer!
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #402481 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 07:22
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 26.03.2007 07:23
Themenersteller
Relax
For anyone that has traveled to Finland....here is a question for you.
We are doing Sarkanniemi and Linnamaki in the same day, then after we are catching a ferry back to Sweden from Turku. Which park should we hit first? Which park are we going to need more time at? Thanks again for all your help!

For all the funfair fans....can anyone point out which fairs are worth spending some time at. We are hitting the following fairs, and just wondering if they are any good....
1.annakirmes-duren 2.craingerkirmes-herne 3.Mulhouse (France) 4.Bruxelles (Belgium) 5. HamburgDOM 6.Munich OlympicPark (not sure if I can find any info on this)

Very much appreciated for all your help.

matt
Bends
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #402523 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 11:25 Relax
The fair at Herne is very nice, there are many rides you have to check out.
And for the counters, there are two coasters, one Wild Mouse and the "fabular" Euro Star.
Crange is one of the most popular fairs in northrhine westphalia.

The Annakirmes at Düren is also pretty cool and for the Counters, there are three Rollercoasters. ( Alpina Bahn, Crazy Coaster and Höllenblitz).

The ride list from Hamburg is actually not avaible, but the Olympia Looping will be there...and the one and only, fantastic and fabulous Reeperbahn is right around the corner. S

If you´re interested in lists of the upcoming rides, just post it.

For the fairs in Mulhouse and Bruxelles there are some people who went there in the last years, i think they should talk about it.
Move your Car
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag