Mitglied wählen
Freunde
Suche
Scandi / Germany / Dutch trip.....looking for some help! Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2
Autor Nachricht
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #402643 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 16:40
Themenersteller
Relax
"Bends",
Thank you for your info on the fairs! But what is Reeperbahn??
I am totally excited about Olympia Looping!

By chance, is Star World going to be anywhere in August?? That ride always seemed interesting to me.

Would love a ride list, if you have one! A friend that is doing this trip with me is a flat ride junkie....

Thanks again
Matt
Tupaii
Aufsteiger Fabian
Hamburg
Deutschland . HH

Link zum Beitrag #402646 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 16:47 Relax
StarWorld has left this world -it has now a new design and is travelling as "Höllenblitz" which will be at Düren when you are at Germany.
The "Reeperbahn" is a part of Hamburg with many bars, clubs and theatres where you can spend your friday or saturday night. People told me there are some stripbars, too... S
CircusCircus - The best kind of Magic!
Jamahl
Aufsteiger Timo
Krefeld
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #402647 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 16:52 Relax
Abriss der Frauenkirche - Steine für die neue Mauer!
Bends
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #402648 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 16:52 Relax
Star World is not avaible, ´cause the ride is absolutly redesigned with a new track und new theming. The ride is now known as "Höllenblitz" (yes, he will be at the Anna Kirmes Düren)

Well, the Reeperbahn was formerly a street, where only red light district shops and bars can be found. Now a days it is a street, where a lots of similar shops can be found, but also some Pubs, Bars, Musical und so on.

The Olympia Looping is imho the best traveling coaster in germany, maybe in europe...

BTW: If you have some space left in the trolley, maybe you can bring us the Thriller (Zonga) back to germany! S
Move your Car
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #402655 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 17:09
Themenersteller
Relax
Yup, I did a quick search on Reeperbahn......a red light district....how fantastic S

Good to know about Star World/Hollenblitz!

This trip keeps on getting bigger and bigger because there are tons of must do's in Europe....hence why I just added Mulhouse. I found out that they have the single rail coaster and another friend mentioned he would like to ride it (so its a surprise stop!)

As for Thriller.......GONE! And I never even had the chance to ride it! Way to go Six Flags! Would love to bring it back to Germany, knowing that they would be able to operate it correctly.

Back to Sarkannieimi and Linnamaki.....any info on how that should be done? Anyone ever been up in that area?

Off topic question....Cost of Diesel??? We are renting an RV which is Diesel. If RV's are like the U.S. ones....we are screwed....they get about 7 miles per gallon!

127 days and counting!
matt
Bends
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #402712 Verfasst am Montag, 26. März 2007 18:36 Relax
1 litre of Diesel costs acutally roundabout 1,05 Euro, so a gallon is roundabout 3,50 Euro. But the price changes every day...i love those days, when you have to buy gasoline and the prices even has climb up six cent...(not the sixth sense! S )
Move your Car
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #435276 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. Juni 2007 02:51
Themenersteller
Relax
Thanks everyone for all the replies.

Well the trip is getting closer and closer each day, so now we trying to tie up all the finishing touches....
Anyone know if there are discounted tickets for any of the parks we are hitting? We are all members of the ECC, so that helps us with some parks. Im not sure if European countries even offer discounts like the U.S. parks, but I guess it doesnt hurt to ask.
We bought our Amsterdam Dungeon tickets on line which saved us about 30 dollars! We now added Efteling and took out Duinrell just because we really didnt want to spend 23 dollars for a kiddie (since the eurofighter was cancelled)

Any tips on how we should be hitting the parks? Like what to do first, what we can skip, what has crappy capacity...etc....
I remember when we were at Efteling in 2002...we had a Dutch ECC member take us around the whole day and translate everything....he even took us to eat these fantastic chocolate crepes...at least I think they were crepes....Merk (might have been his name) said that the Dutch eat them for lunch! They were YUMMY!

Thanks again in advance!

Matt
Frigga
Aufsteiger Katja Salentin

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #435295 Verfasst am Dienstag, 05. Juni 2007 07:21
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 05.06.2007 07:24
Relax
If you won´t eat the Burgers in the Mexican City at Phantasialand, everything will be OK. I advice the Snack Station in Deep in Africa. If it is sunny and warm weather the Queueline of River Quest gets really full, this is the only thing I can tell you about the capacity. You can skip the way around the lake, there are just boxes with Fairytale scenes which aren´t very interesting.

I wish you a very nice trip and I am proud that you will visit the Funfair in Düren because I live there. Smilie :25: - Dr. Weizenkeim - 2061115 Zugriffe

Best regards
Frigga
So dumm wie es kommt, kannst du gar nicht denken.
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #441146 Verfasst am Freitag, 15. Juni 2007 17:40
Themenersteller
Relax
Well here it is again.....our final...I mean FINAL ITINERARY! Nothing can be added or changed.....but we might lose a few due to traffic! If anyone again has any helpful hints on ways to make it around some of these parks. (Some of the larger parks in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands, we have already been to, so hitting up all the coasters is not necessary)

Wed Aug 1. Klotten, Duren Funfair
Thur Aug 2. Phantasialand
Fri Aug3. Schwaben,Tripsdrill and Holiday Park (since its opened till midnight)
Sat Aug 4 Connyland (if coaster opens), Skyline, and Legoland
Sun Aug 5 Europa Park and Fantastic Cable in Gerdemer, France, Mulhouse Fun Fair
Mon Aug 6 Toverland, Movie Park Germany and Herne Fun Fair
Tue Aug 7 Bobbejaanaland, Walibi Belgium and Brussels Fun Fair
Wed Aug 8 Eteling, Drivliet, Amsterdam Dungeon and Walibi World
Thur Aug 9 Djurs Sommerland, Tivoli Frieheden, Farup Summerland, and Tivoliland
Fri Aug 10 Liseberg
Sat Aug 11 Parken Zoo and Gronalund
Sun Aug 12 Powerpark
Mon Aug 13 Linnamaki and Sarkenemimi
Tue Aug 14 Tusenfryd
Wed Aug 15 BonBon Land, Bakken and Tivoli Gardens
Thurs Aug 16 Hansa Park and Heide Park and Hamburd DOM

Thanks again and maybe we shall cross paths while on our journey!

Matt
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #531133 Verfasst am Sonntag, 06. April 2008 08:14
Themenersteller
Relax
Well, its a bit late, but I just wanted to send out a quick thank you for everyone who helped out on this trip.

For starters, we will NEVER EVER rent an RV again! This was the most stressful trip ever....I love stress and trips, but this was ridiculous!
Here is super quick recap of what happened then I will do a brief review of what parks we did complete....
Two hours after we arrive, we drove our RV under a house in Cochem, Germany....thanks to our GPS which thought we were a car! We figured out that in order to use the outlets in the RV, the RV needed to be plugged in from an outside source. That meant we never had battery power to charge our cameras! Showers were very minimal. We kicked (she left on her own free will) the girl off the trip halfway thru. The exchange rate was alot worse than we thought!
\
Wed Aug 1. Klotten, Duren Funfair
Klotten was a cute little park, but I was still stressed about crashing the RV. The Duren fair....LOVED Hollenblitz!!

Thur Aug 2. Phantasialand
Loved this park. We actually got to this park late so we decided to get a campsite down the street and came back the next morning.

Fri Aug3. Schwaben,Tripsdrill and Holiday Park (since its opened till midnight)
Cancelled Schwaben, came back to Phantasialand for a few hours in the morning, then headed to Holiday Park for some Expedition GeForce......uggh...one train operation....why?

Sat Aug 4 Connyland (if coaster opens), Skyline, and Legoland
Did Tripsdrill this morning, really liked the park, very HOT, but wierd operations....they opened rides at different times. Skyline was next...Loved it! Cute little park, really liked the X coaster and their wierd little drop and bounce tower. Headed to legoland to close out the night. Fun park...thank God for a night ticket.

Sun Aug 5 Europa Park and Fantastic Cable in Gerdemer, France, Mulhouse Fun Fair
Stress started to set in....Made it to Fantastic Cable....took forever in the FOG and MOUNTAINS of France. Loved the Zipline! It was sooo much fun. Headed back to Europa Park and closed the night out there. Never made it to Mulhouse....Too tired and stressed.

Mon Aug 6 Toverland, Movie Park Germany and Herne Fun Fair
Toverland was fun, loved Troy..had extra time so we added Shlossbeck before heading to Movie Park. Wasnt looking forward to this park at all, but we really loved it! Off to the Herne fair!!!! Holy Shit this fair was AMAZING! It had some great flat rides! Rode Eurostar....ummmm....nevermind

Tue Aug 7 Bobbejaanaland, Walibi Belgium and Brussels Fun Fair
Bobbejaanaland.....it was OK...Next.... Had a great time for the short period of time we spent at Walibi. Got to ride Vertigo~! I really enjoyed it. fun ride. Got to get back on Turbine. LOVE LOVE Love...oohhh, we got to ride the Sally Dark ride (WE WON) Met up with some friends at the Brussels fair...good time!

Wed Aug 8 Eteling, Drivliet, Amsterdam Dungeon and Walibi World
Got to Efteling to find out that the new coaster wasnt running as of opening....NEXT...Drivliet. next....Amsterdam Dungeon...next...LAME...skipped Walibi. WoW....this day really SUCKED .....I then drove for 10 1/2 hours straight! Uggh.

Thur Aug 9 Djurs Sommerland, Tivoli Frieheden, Farup Summerland, and Tivoliland
Djurs was a fun little park. Headed over to Frieheden where we did the SCAD tower and some wierd spinning ride! Farup was a total blast, but by the time we got to Tivoliland, we only got to ride the boomerang since everything else was closed. Oh well. Next.

Fri Aug 10 Liseberg
More Stress.....the girl left our trip this day, so we really couldnt enjoy Liseberg as much! Balder was memorable at best.

Sat Aug 11 Parken Zoo and Gronalund
Skipped Parken Zoo, and spent the whole day at Gronalund! Loved this park, the city, everything. Some lame boy band was playing that day. (we used the song they sang in one of our videos)

Sun Aug 12 Powerpark
Loved thunderbird....in the rain, we rode this coaster over and over again! Never got to do the go carts due to the rain.

Mon Aug 13 Linnamaki and Sarkenemimi
Really liked Kirnu, and Kieppi....insane flat ride! As for Sarkenemimi.....ehhh, I thought that the intamin looper was very sluggish. Half the park was closed so we didnt get to ride the corkscrew and the Scwarzkoph....lame!

Tue Aug 14 Tusenfryd
Great park, had tons of fun! Wierd loading operatins for Thunder coaster (when it rains) Load the front of one train, then loads the rear of the second train. hmmm....

Wed Aug 15 BonBon Land, Bakken and Tivoli Gardens
Two great parks in a day again. Holy Cow, Han Katten is ridiculous.....Tivoli totally surprised me! Loved this park.

Thurs Aug 16 Hansa Park and Heide Park and Hamburd DOM
Hansa Park....next.....Heide Park...as always great! Hamburg Summer DOM....OLYMPIA LOOPING!!!!!!! Amazing.

here are a couple of videos we made:

this is a POV of the Fantastic Cable in France!
youtube.com watch

here is another music video from our trip:
video.google.com videoplay
here is the one from the boy band:
video.google.com videoplay

Well its 3AM....ill do a better job at the trip report later....

Thanks again for all your help!

Hey Tim, It was great meeting you!
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #531140 Verfasst am Sonntag, 06. April 2008 10:07 Relax
Hi, Matt,

I really enjoyed reading this topic for the very first time, which is very funny because you can see all the chronology of the plans, the alterations and the final version.
Good to read, that you enjoyed my favourite local fair at Herne. I hope you tried the XXL flying over the flume ride and Break Dance.
If I remember correctly you must have experienced bad weather days in August. For you own sake you didn't go to the Herne fair on opening day, because the fair achieved a new maxximum visitors per opening day with those things you were trying to avoid: Big CROWDS.

So I am really looking forward to reading more about your perceptions of the places you visited / people you met.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #531222 Verfasst am Sonntag, 06. April 2008 15:30 Relax
Thanks for the update on how things went, Matt!

I miss you guys... I think it's been years since I've bumped into you at a park! Or Sean, for that matter... I think my parents have run into him (usually at Cedar Point) more than I have!

The videos are fantastic, I love the "boy band" one. So funny. S

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
baclueless
Einsteiger Matt
Massachusetts
USA

Link zum Beitrag #531236 Verfasst am Sonntag, 06. April 2008 16:34
Themenersteller
Relax
TeeJay,

Yup, Herne was definately our favorite fair of the trip! The weather.....not such a favorite. There was a light rain most of the night, so crowds were really nonexistent. We walked onto everything....EuroStar, XXL, Experiance, Mouse, Skyflyer etc...etc....etc... As for XXL, I was a little nervous, but I was wearing a motion sickness patch and it worked miracles for me! I loved it! That thing was ridiculous! On the Experiance, we were the only riders and the operator spoke English...so he kept us on the ride forever, talking to us, asking if we were done.....but we wanted to keep on going! I think we were on there for about 10 minutes! It was insane! The Starflyer (in the rain) was CRAZY! I think we went up and down about 7 times! We were freezing, but completely loving it!

Damn, I wish we could have a fair like that in the USA. You couldnt get our smiles off our faces for days! We loved every minute and would go back in a heartbeat! (but will wait for dollar to get stronger.....Japan is more affordable than Europe!)

I will slowly review the parks on that trip.....but it was sad that we could have ended the trip at anytime and been fine with it!

Iain,
how are you? We will be in your area this summer! You should join us for a few days if you are interested! We are doing a North East / Canadian trip in June. Have fun on your Paris trip! Enjoy that amazing fair! Im sooo jealous!

Take care
The Knowledge
Mitglied

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #531382 Verfasst am Sonntag, 06. April 2008 21:02 Relax
Regarding your insane Experience ride, you should say thanks to this guy here.

It was great meeting you - I had no idea that Sean was with you. Big surprise on the ghost train! I think, we had a break of about 5 minutes before I sent your car out. My co-workes came out of their graves (i. e. the ghost train's tent) to check if there were any more cars about to come. The queue had built up for quite a length in the meantime! I had to apologize to those waiting behind you.

I had completely forgotten about the fact you were coming that day ... I am getting old!

Regards,

Tim
Excess all areas!
GerhardL
Aufsteiger Gerhard

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #531390 Verfasst am Sonntag, 06. April 2008 21:20 Relax
Matt,

thank you for writing reviews of the places you visited. Personally I'm looking forward to read about your views and opinions. I think it's always interesting to hear from someone coming over from abroad.

I haven't seen all the vids yet, but I had fun with the one I've seen though.

Gerhard
"Now is all we have."
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #531595 Verfasst am Montag, 07. April 2008 17:17 Relax
baclueless Iain,
how are you? We will be in your area this summer! You should join us for a few days if you are interested! We are doing a North East / Canadian trip in June. Have fun on your Paris trip! Enjoy that amazing fair! Im sooo jealous!

Just let me know when! Send me an email (canard dot coldharbour at gmail dot com). You're more than welcome to stay at my place in Kitchener; I am about 50 minutes from Canada's Wonderland!

I can't wait for Foire du Trone or the fair in Stuttgart, I'm really excited about High Energy and XXL, and finally getting to ride a Mondial Shake as well. S

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
FrisbeeFanFirthy
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . HB

Link zum Beitrag #551243 Verfasst am Samstag, 21. Juni 2008 21:15
2 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 21.06.2008 21:25
Relax
Linnanmäki & Särkänniemi on One Day is a bit Crazy, 1-2 Hours of Driving from Helsinki to Tampere and it could be possible that you dont manage it to ride all Coaster there, just look how much time you have when you're in Tampere after being in Helsinki and than decide what to do, but really, dont miss to go there, Tornado in Särkänniemi is absolutely great!

Edit:

I added a few informations for you, first when you're in finland you should visit the PowerPark, on half of the way to Helsinki is Tampere (Särkänniemi), then after do'in that go to Helsinki (Linnanmäki).

Must rides are

PowerPark-
All the Coaster, Thunderbird and the Boomerang are great, the Freefall is also a good thing, very intensive.

Särkänniemi-
VekomaCerchunkCorkshrewCoasterThat, Tornado, HalfPipe, Trombi for the count, JetStar!

Linnanmäki-
Vouristorata, Tulireki(Mack E-Motion), MineTrain, Indoor Coaster in middle of the Park, Kirnu, the Watercoaster and Kieppi, absolute great and one of only two HUSS Booster worldwide, I heard that the ExWingender Booster is destroyed..
The Knowledge
Mitglied

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #551253 Verfasst am Samstag, 21. Juni 2008 22:14 Relax
Their trip was LAST year, Mikael ...
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2 Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag