Mitglied wählen
Freunde
Suche
2008.04.14-17: France (smartville, Paris Fair, Futuroscope) Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Autor Nachricht
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #508772 Verfasst am Samstag, 12. Januar 2008 16:49
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 12.01.2008 16:50
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi everyone!

I wanted to mention that I will be visiting Europe for the first time since I was just a little kid, in April this year! I will be coming to France to meet with several members of ClubsmartCar.ca, the smart car club I am a part of. We will be descending on Hambach's smartville production facility on Wednesday, April 16 for a tour where we'll get to see the new smart fortwo being built! Everyone is welcome!

Fremdbild
Quelle: heimeier.com smartville.jpg

I'm planning on flying in to Paris CDG (from Toronto) on Monday, April 14. From there, I want to do Foire du Trone that evening, then take the TGV to Futuroscope on Tuesday (15th), and return to Paris. Maybe do Foire du Trone again that night, if I fall in love with the rides there! Wednesday I'd hopefully pick up a rental car (I'm dreaming of a smart roadster, but I don't know if I can rent one), and then do the tour in Hambach, which I think is about 3-4 hours away by car.

Fremdbild
Quelle: images.tribe.net eed73cc6-f861-47a3-bcab-f821bda1fd36

That night, I'd probably stay over in Hambach as I think we're all going to go out and get drunk in Germany (Strasbourg?) after the tour! S Thursday, drive back to Paris, stopping along the way to watch the TGV scream by at 320 km/h...

I think there are a few smart fans on this forum too, is anyone else up for the challenge?

And also does anyone know what big rides are usually at Foire du Trone? By looking at photos, I can see at least 4 big rides by Mondial, including Capriolo and INFERNO!!! S

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
The Knowledge
Mitglied

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #508828 Verfasst am Samstag, 12. Januar 2008 20:53 Relax
Hi Ian,

it would be *really* stupid to visit that area and miss out on Parc Asterix. That place provides an INSANE wooden coaster, "Tonnere de Zeus", which is a mirror image of Worlds of Fun's "Timber Wolf", but even better.

Foire du Trône usually has quite a handful of big spinners in attendance, plus three coasters: "Le King", a huge Soquet-built non-looper, a spinning mouse from Reverchon Industries and an SDC Galaxy.

Have fun on your trip!

Cheers,

Tim (who drives a smart forfour)
Excess all areas!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #509614 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 21:59
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 15.01.2008 21:59
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually only learned just today that it's so close! I had no idea it was right outside of Paris.

Here's now what I am thinking about doing:

Friday-Saturday: Air Canada YYZ > BRU. Pick up rental car
Sunday: Walibi Belgium (only open Friday-Sunday this time of year)
Monday: Theme Park 1* (Toverland in Sevenum, Netherlands?? Vekoma Booster Bike!)
Tuesday: Theme Park 2* (Phantasialand in Bruhl, Germany – Black Mamba!!)
Wednesday: smartville
Thursday: Parc Asterix (Paris) / Foire du Trone
Friday: TGV / Futuroscope / Return to BRU
Saturday: Drop off rental car, Air Canada BRU > YYZ

Does anyone have another recommendation for the two theme parks on Monday and Tuesday, instead of Toverland and Phantasialand? I just thought they were on the way to Hambach and they look like good places to go. I checked their calendars and I think they're both open those days.

I have to admit, I am much more interested in Gouderix than I am Tonnere du Zeus. S

-Iain
Too-Mass
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #509629 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 22:27 Relax
MilitaryDuckJock ...
Monday: Theme Park 1* (Toverland in Sevenum, Netherlands?? Vekoma Booster Bike!)
Tuesday: Theme Park 2* (Phantasialand in Bruhl, Germany – Black Mamba!!)

Instead of Booster Bike I would look forward to TROY S
I''''m an orange... HEY APPLE!!! Aaahahahahahahahaha!!
HEY! How do Rabbits like their beer brewed? With a lot of hops. Hahaha!!! Get it?! HOPS! Hahahaha!
BLACK is beautiful...and Hardstyle is my style!
DragonKhan
Aufsteiger

Niederlande

Link zum Beitrag #509638 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 23:03 Relax
Toverland and Phantasialand are probably the best choices you can make. In addition to Parc Asterix and Walibi Belgium a great initianary overall. The only park you could skip would be Walibi Belgium.

djToo-Mass Instead of Booster Bike I would look forward to TROY S

I don't exactly know what he likes most, but it seems he is much more interested in unique rides. And a GCI is not that unique over there. The Booster Bike, on the other hand, is. S
The only difference between genius and insanity is success!
Gruß, DragonKhan
Neuester Bericht: 30.06.15. - The Great Coaster Tour of China! (ECC 2013)
Too-Mass
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #509650 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 23:19 Relax
Okay I just forgot, from where he travels to Europe S But a very nice Woody is Troy in any way.
I''''m an orange... HEY APPLE!!! Aaahahahahahahahaha!!
HEY! How do Rabbits like their beer brewed? With a lot of hops. Hahaha!!! Get it?! HOPS! Hahahaha!
BLACK is beautiful...and Hardstyle is my style!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #509653 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 23:29
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi guys, thanks for your thoughts - yeah, I'm coming from Canada and I ride pocket bikes (Minimoto) competitively, so you can understand maybe why I'm so excited to try out Booster Bike. S

Fremdbild
Quelle: maj.com img_3124small.jpg

I really want to hit up Walibi Belgium because Doppelmayr is my favourite lift/ropeway manufacturer (I love snowboarding), and there they've got Vertigo. I really want to try it! I hope it's open... Maybe as the time gets closer I'll check again but I would love to meet up with anyone who could make it over to Phantasialand to hang out for the day, something like that.

-Iain
The Knowledge
Mitglied

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #509655 Verfasst am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 23:34 Relax
Hi,

cool itenerary, but it's one heck of a drive from Futuroscope to Belgium. You will be knackered when you hit Brussels!

Cheers,

Tim
Excess all areas!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #509667 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2008 00:29
Themenersteller
Relax
Sorry, I should have explained - I would plan to take the TGV from Paris to Futuroscope for the day S But you're right, that's going to be a long day.

-Iain
Frigga
Aufsteiger Katja Salentin

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #509706 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2008 11:19
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 16.01.2008 11:23
Relax
I´ve ridden such pocket bikes when I was ten years old. S I aggree with your choise of themeparks.

Wishing you a nice trip
Frigga
So dumm wie es kommt, kannst du gar nicht denken.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #512380 Verfasst am Montag, 28. Januar 2008 06:08
2 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 28.01.2008 06:09
Themenersteller
Relax
Well our trip just got longer S Now we're visiting Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Foire du Trone, Futuroscope, and Europa Park! And then to finish the trip off, the tour of smartville in Hambach, France. April 11-17! We got our tickets with Air France, for a very good price, direct from Toronto into Paris CDG. I can't wait to ride the TGV!!!

-Iain
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #515300 Verfasst am Samstag, 09. Februar 2008 06:57
Themenersteller
Relax
I'm quite scared - I just noticed that the Mondial Inferno ("New Comer") that goes to Foire du Trone is no longer listed on ridesdb.com. S I'm very paranoid it's been pulled out of service! Does anyone know!? Would Airwolf come instead?

-Iain
GerhardL
Aufsteiger Gerhard

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #515302 Verfasst am Samstag, 09. Februar 2008 09:28 Relax
New Comer is currently advertised here. That it is no longer listed on ridesdb is a bit strange, as they usually also list rides that are currently not operating.

I don't think Airwolf would be invited over as a replacement. Apparently it is already listed for the fair that takes place from mid March to mid April in Hamburg.

Gerhard
"Now is all we have."
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #520717 Verfasst am Montag, 03. März 2008 00:06
Themenersteller
Relax
Hmm, I was hoping Airwolf would be in Stuttgart... I'm going to visit that fair.

April 11: Arrive in Paris / Walibi Belgium
April 12: Toverland/Phantasialand
April 13: Foire du Trone
April 14: Futuroscope
April 15: Europa Park/Stuttgart Fair
April 16: smartville
April 17: Fly back to Canada

-Iain
mpegster
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #520719 Verfasst am Montag, 03. März 2008 00:21 Relax
Airwolf won't be in Stuttgart at the time you are going to visit this Fair.

Newvomer and Nightfly are already traveling in France.
Hab ich Auskunft auf der Stirn stehen?
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #521037 Verfasst am Dienstag, 04. März 2008 02:36
Themenersteller
Relax
Will Newcomer or Nightfly be at Foire du Trone? I would be heartbroken to go to such lengths to hit two major fairs, and not get to ride a Mondial Inferno S

-Iain
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #521982 Verfasst am Freitag, 07. März 2008 04:41
Themenersteller
Relax
Here is the schedule we are doing, just in case anyone wants to meet up with some crazy Canadians S

Friday, April 11: Walibi Belgium
Saturday, April 12: Toverland in the morning, then Phantasialand in the afternoon
Sunday, April 13: Foire du Trone in Paris
Monday, April 14: Futuroscope in Poitiers, France
Tuesday, April 15: Europa Park, then the fair in Strasbourg
Wednesday, April 16: Ttour of smartville in Hambach, France

Two of my friends who are flying over a few days earlier are also touring Airbus in Toulouse, France! I really wanted to go see that, but I guess it will have to wait until next time. S

I really can't wait to ride Silver Star!

-Iain
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #523286 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 12. März 2008 12:13
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi guys,

I need some help about the fair in Stuttgart that we will be visiting on April 16.

Is this the location of it? Google Maps - Satellite View

How is parking for cars handled at this fair? We will be driving that afternoon from Europa Park in Rust.

Does the fair have an official name, that I can look up their webpage from?

Thanks!

-Iain
Peis
Aufsteiger Matthias

USA

Link zum Beitrag #523289 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 12. März 2008 12:23 Relax
Yes this is the location. The fair is called "Stuttgarter Frühlingsfest"
Here is a Link for their Website:

stuttgarter-fruehlingsfest.de index.php
„Das Feuerwerk ist die perfekteste Form der Kunst, da sich das Bild im Moment seiner höchsten Vollendung dem Betrachter wieder entzieht.“
Theodor W. Adorno (1903-1969), dt. Philosoph
FParker185
Einsteiger Mike
Illinois
USA

Link zum Beitrag #524326 Verfasst am Sonntag, 16. März 2008 09:04 Relax
hey Iain, long time no see.

I'm planning my own trip to Europe in 09 and checking certain ride routes for 08 to get a general idea of where stuff may be, and I noticed that you will be in luck with the fair in Stuttgart, no one has mentioned it so far but Olympia Looping is scheduled to be there. No idea on Airwolf though. I did a bunch of fairs on my last trip in 06 and generally parking is pretty poor at fairs in Germany. Your best bet would be find parking somewhere in town and take public transportation to the fair, or if you get a hotel in Stuttgart leave the car there and take the S or U bahn. Hope that helps alittle.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #524422 Verfasst am Sonntag, 16. März 2008 15:52
Themenersteller
Relax
Hey Mike, thanks for the information! Hope you're keeping well.

I really don't care much about Olympia Looping, my number one priority with this trip was (besides touring smartiville and getting a ride on the TGV), was to ride an Inferno... so, I really hope New Comer is at Foire du Trone.

I guess I will keep an eye on the French forums, when the fair opens I would hope that someone would post a ride list.

-Iain
GerhardL
Aufsteiger Gerhard

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #524471 Verfasst am Sonntag, 16. März 2008 17:24 Relax
How dare you! S

If you happen to meet Olympia Looping on your trip, take a ride if you haven't done so previously. In my opinion that one is a very sweet and surprisingly smooth coaster which also boasts 5 inversions at a quick pace.

If you're looking for the Inferno you probably should also be watching out for the only Zierer Starshape on the road (High Energy, presented by Kaiser). A tad less exhausting, but still great looping fun.
"Now is all we have."
CanobieFan
Einsteiger James

USA

Link zum Beitrag #524697 Verfasst am Montag, 17. März 2008 11:07 Relax
Zitat you probably should also be watching out for the only Zierer Starshape on the road (High Energy, presented by Kaiser). A tad less exhausting, but still great looping fun.
Meh... I rode Bling at Blackpool 2 years ago.. Didn't do anything for me. I even rode it a second time to make sure it didn't do anything, and ended up getting an even worse ride! Cycle one gave only two flips, where as my second ride never even got one!

Sorry, but I'd rather ride a topscan and an evolution on their own.
GerhardL
Aufsteiger Gerhard

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #526052 Verfasst am Freitag, 21. März 2008 00:10 Relax
I'm wondering if the little difference in the ride program that there is results in a different ride experience. As far as I can tell from videos on youtube Bling more or less stops rotating the star when the ride goes into a full circle while High Energy keeps spinning. As for individual experiences, they can be quite different depending on seating and weight distribution within the gondola arm. Is there anybody on the forum who can comment on both rides?

Some fun for the holiday:

youtube.com watch High Energy Offride
youtube.com watch High Energy Onride
youtube.com watch Airwolf offride
youtube.com watch Airwolf Onride

I hope Iain doesn't mind posting these links. Hopefully he gets his wish granted and he finds an Inferno to ride.
"Now is all we have."
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #527353 Verfasst am Dienstag, 25. März 2008 19:04
Themenersteller
Relax
Thanks for the video links! I'm really excited about High Energy, too. S

-Iain
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag