Autor Nachricht
KristofSFB
Einsteiger
Belgium
Belgien

Link zum Beitrag #517097 Verfasst am Samstag, 16. Februar 2008 20:56
Themenersteller
Relax
With the new season starting over a month, there is alot of work in progress at Walibi Belgium. What are they doing right now and what will happen next season?

NEWS
- After many years, Cobra is finally re-painted.
- To get a more happy and colorfull park, there will be placed extra plants and flowers.
- The park will focus on entertainment this year. Every morning, there will be an openingceremony at the Main Street, plus extra streetentertainment during the day. There will also be a new version of the 'Walibi & Friends Show'. The park is also already working on the Halloweenprogram for October this year. For all that entertainment, Walibi Belgium hires extra staff from Belgian Theatre and Drama Schools.
- Vertigo will open officialy, including a MAJOR openingceremony, in coöperation with the PR company who are responsible for the production of concerts from Dannii Minogue, DJ Tiësto, Bob Sinclar,...
- The renovation of Radja River continues as the park will camouflate the onride music speakers into the rocks. They will also look for a way to keep the tigertunnel smokey permanent and a replacement for the disappeared 'waterceiling' at the end of the ride.
- Extra theming and effects will be added in Calamity Mine.
- The park closes at November 2nd, but will open again on December 13th for the very first Winter Walibi.

RUMORS
- The re-painting of Dalton Terror and the merry-go-round.
- A new show in the Amfitheater (Hotel Fant'ôme, Batman Thrill Stunt Spectacular, Atlantis Mystery, Star Idol)
Challenge of Tutankhamon: Ride The Legend!
rcmania
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . BB

Link zum Beitrag #517304 Verfasst am Montag, 18. Februar 2008 02:04 Relax
Thanks for the information!

KristofSFB - Extra theming and effects will be added in Calamity Mine.

Can you tell us more about this?
[Ég vildi bara kaupa eina gúrku, ekki alla búðina.]
[Can you pronounce "Þingvellir"?]
the turbine
Moderator Bruno Baumeister
Aachen
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #517414 Verfasst am Montag, 18. Februar 2008 15:20 Relax
KristofSFB ...
- The renovation of Radja River continues as the park will camouflate the onride music speakers into the rocks. They will also look for a way to keep the tigertunnel smokey permanent and a replacement for the disappeared 'waterceiling' at the end of the ride.

Does that mean that Radja River will get a new "waterceiling" or something different?
In any case I find it important that the ride has an effect to distract the riders from the -let's say- sometimes surprising ending of the ride. S
KristofSFB
Einsteiger
Belgium
Belgien

Link zum Beitrag #518025 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 20:57
Themenersteller
Relax
rcmania Thanks for the information!

KristofSFB - Extra theming and effects will be added in Calamity Mine.

Can you tell us more about this?

I have no idea, but there are rumors that the park will bring back the smoke-effect, with the train blowing smoke when leaving the station, plus the return of the splash in the little pond + the cablelift that used to transport all sorts of mineworker objects.

the turbine
Does that mean that Radja River will get a new "waterceiling" or something different?
In any case I find it important that the ride has an effect to distract the riders from the -let's say- sometimes surprising ending of the ride.

I don't know. The waterceiling that we always have known on Radja River was suddenly gone. The park changed it with two very weak waterfalls. However, some people say that the waterceiling was gone because of visitors complaining. They thought the ride was too wet on colder days and the ride wasn't that comfortable when you were soaking wet.

Other Walibi news:

* Everyone thought that when they say they re-paint Cobra, it would be in the former colours: blue track and red supports. However, the park surprised many people with a BRAND NEW colour: yellow! At least, that is the new colour for the track. It is still unknown which colour the supports will have. It has been told they will be painted orange, to bring back the very well known Walibi colours: yellow and orange (former Ferris Wheel and Tornado colours...)

Fremdbild
Quelle: img169.imageshack.us photo002st5.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: img252.imageshack.us photo016ei9.jpg

* Dangerous things in Walibi! This week, a team of professional painters have started painting Dalton Terror on a hight of 80 meters. For not damaging all the safety machinery inside the tower, it is forbidden to paint the ride on a mechanical way. The team has to paint the 80 meter hight tower with...a paintbrush!

Fremdbild
Quelle: walibi.net dalton_1.jpg

Source: Walibi Belgium, Walibi.net and ThemeParkVision
Coaster-Fan
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . SL

Link zum Beitrag #518027 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 21:03 Relax
So, kann mir mal einer bestätigen das ich das Richtig verstanden habe das Radja River vom Nässegrad her angepasst wird damit er nichtmehr so nass ist?
Ich mag sie immer mehr die Belgier.... S
!!!! mutta !!!!
Too-Mass
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #518031 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 21:11 Relax
Nein, das hast du nicht richtig verstanden, der "waterceiling" wurde nur gegen zwei schwächere Wasserfälle ausgetauscht, damit der Ride nicht mehr so nass wirkt, da einige Gäste wohl wegen dieses Vorhanges derartige Befürchtungen hegten, was besonders bei nicht so gutem Wetter die Bahn recht leer hielt, da die Gäste eben dieses befürchteten.
I''''m an orange... HEY APPLE!!! Aaahahahahahahahaha!!
HEY! How do Rabbits like their beer brewed? With a lot of hops. Hahaha!!! Get it?! HOPS! Hahahaha!
BLACK is beautiful...and Hardstyle is my style!
the turbine
Moderator Bruno Baumeister
Aachen
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #518111 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 09:54 Relax
@Thomas: Ich denke, da hast Du etwas falsch übersetzt. Ceiling bedeutet Decke und somit sind sicherlich die horizontal über den Köpfen der Fahrer verlaufenden Wasserfontänen gemeint und nicht die im Anschluß kommenden seitlichen Wasserfälle. S

@Kristofsfb: It would be a great pity if the park really would remove the old and not install a new waterceiling. To avoid the complains of the guests they could have just switched it off on colder days. For me the waterceiling was one of the highlights of that ride.
Coaster-Fan
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . SL

Link zum Beitrag #518114 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 10:08 Relax
Sehe ich genau wie Bruno, glaube ich mal. Die Wasserdecke war doch bei schlechtem Wetter eh abgeschaltet, warum jetzt komplett ausbauen? Gerade der hohe Nässefaktor bei gutem Wetter hat die Bahn doch bekannt gemacht, immerhin galt sie ja laut einigen Berichten mal eine Zeit lang als nassestes Rafting von Europa.
!!!! mutta !!!!
Too-Mass
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #518178 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 15:35 Relax
da hatte mich auch ein wenig verwirrt... Dass "ceiling" die Decke ist, wusste ich ja, dachte aber eher an einen "curtain" S
I''''m an orange... HEY APPLE!!! Aaahahahahahahahaha!!
HEY! How do Rabbits like their beer brewed? With a lot of hops. Hahaha!!! Get it?! HOPS! Hahahaha!
BLACK is beautiful...and Hardstyle is my style!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #520713 Verfasst am Montag, 03. März 2008 00:00 Relax
KristofSFB - Vertigo will open officialy, including a MAJOR openingceremony, in coöperation with the PR company who are responsible for the production of concerts from Dannii Minogue, DJ Tiësto, Bob Sinclar,...-

Ah, it's great!! I really want to know when this will happen, because I will be in Walibi Belgium on April 11...!!

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
KristofSFB
Einsteiger
Belgium
Belgien

Link zum Beitrag #522734 Verfasst am Montag, 10. März 2008 13:36
Themenersteller
Relax
Cobra is almost finished, except for the looping. Yellow track and deep red/purple supports...

Fremdbild
Quelle: walibi.net cobra2.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: walibi.net cobra3.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: walibi.net cobra1.jpg
Coaster-Fan
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . SL

Link zum Beitrag #534525 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 17. April 2008 08:45 Relax
Ich finde es gut das es nun auch endlich die Belgier verstanden haben das ein Bommerang gelb sein muss. *Insider*
!!!! mutta !!!!
RTCfan
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #534593 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 17. April 2008 15:44 Relax
S Warum das denn. S
First public rider auf Teststrecke!
3.ride on Stealth, Rollback!!!!!!
You are listening to InQontrol 2010 live from the Inter Rai in Amsterdam!
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag