Autor Nachricht
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #2736 Verfasst am Samstag, 28. Juni 2003 18:54
Themenersteller
Relax
It's been a while since my last visit (back in May 2002 for Coasterfriends I), so while staying for some days at Elburg in the Netherlands, it was time to make a day trip to Six Flags Holland.

Looking at the mother of all further SLCs: El Condor
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland01.jpg

A special way of addressing the General Public: This sheet annonces the actual birthday of a ride op who is doing service on his birthday at Excalibur (Huss Top Spin). The sheet is located in the Q-line of nearby wooden coaster Robin Hood. I don't wanna imagine how many visitors kept congratulating.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland02.jpg

An old show concept has returned to the park. Back in the days of Walibi Flevo (Six Flags Holland debuted in 2000 under the flags) I made my first visit to the park in 1998 the park was presenting a stunt show dubbed "King Solomons Mine Adventures". In was then followed by a Batman show. Now in 2003 the show returns with a storyline close to the first show in the elder days. Here are some shots of the new show.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland03.jpg

Next to Henk, who is the Warm-Up-Actor of the show there are to volunteers: among them a boy and a girl who are shooting a blind date TV-show at the park. You can identify them easily because of the cameras above their heads. Will they have fallen in love throughout the day? Who knows?
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland04.jpg

The new show is about some kind of the good guy freeing the Egyptian beauty from the temple of doom...
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland05.jpg

...some action fighting...
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland06.jpg

...and a bunch of actors who are trying to kill the two lovers. In addition the volunteers do have a cameo apperance dressed in some kind of birdlike dresses.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland07.jpg

The beauty of merry-go-rounds (even though not operating that day)
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland08.jpg

It was a day of using the slower rides...
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland09.jpg

...due to the fact that we visited together with two friends that don't like going on "wild-style"-rides. A special thanks goes to the ride op who did the photo of the four of us. In case you wanna know. It's me, who is driving the Walton's Mountain type of car.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland10.jpg

La Grand Roue is the name of the ferris wheel in the french section of that Six Flags park. I like the french chansons that can be heard in this part of Six Flags Holland.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland11.jpg

The picture may stand for itself. In case you don't understand the words, the sign reads: Due to troubles there is only one train operating at the top attraction: Goliath. The management is thankful for the visitors understanding.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland12.jpg

These automats distributing dutch fast food seem to be new this seasonFremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland13.jpg

In the afternoon the sun came up making it a good time for riding the wet attractions at the park.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland14.jpg

Sky Diver an upcharge attraction, in the foreground you can see the closed Roedo-styled Breakdance. As well as the Breakdance there were two other rides not operating: The Tomahawk and the merry-go-round shown in a previous picture.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland15.jpg

One of my favourites at the park: Sherwoods Revenge (a Huss-Tri Star reminding me of my younger and more vulnerable years).
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland16.jpg

The park seen shortly after having opened. Throughout the day the park became more crowded, especially with school classes. The day was characterized by having arguments with young people who tried to jump lines, who spitted, yelled and got rid of their disposals right where they were standing. We should have gone to Slagharen, a park nearby, instead but we had some coupons from the RCT-PC-game and I myself have a season pass. Maybe we think differently next time.
Fremdbild
Quelle: germancoaster.de sixflagsholland17.jpg
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Syrion
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #3789 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 09. Juli 2003 00:16 Relax
Too bad you haven't been in one of the rollercoasters. S

I've been in almost every rollercoaster over there (except the El Condor, since I'm afraid of heights¹).

My top 3:

1. Superman: the Ride, awsome ride. After you left the station you'll be put in hold in a tunnel and after some seconds launched with 90hm/h into a double half-loop with a 360 screw between the halfs, and thats only the start! (Everything runs smooths, you won't be shaken all over your bench.)

2. Robin Hood, a wooden beauty, I really enjoy this ride. Altough it's different from the Superman (more bumpier than it, but no loopings or so), it finishes very close behind that ride on my score list.

3. Goliath: Their newest and biggest ride. Fast & furious, but not as satisfying as the Superman in my opinion. Agreed: it has some big drops and is pretty fast, but after the first three or four drops it becomes quite "standard".

¹ Weird combination huh? Liking rollercoasters, but disliking heights. S
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #3799 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 09. Juli 2003 08:03
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi, Syrion,

welcome to onride.de,

Zitat Weird combination huh? Liking rollercoasters, but disliking heights.

The same thing goes with me, I do not like being in high places when I am not strapped in a seat either, because I am afraid of heights. That's why I also chose the picture of the Eiffel Tower as my avatar. I was feeling good and brave before entering the lift to the first observation deck. S

Zitat Too bad you haven't been in one of the rollercoasters.

Oh, I was in two of them. Goliath and Robin Hood. As a matter of fact I have done all seven coasters throughout all my visits. But this time? If you are spending your time with friends who do not like riding at all, it is hard not to leave them waiting all day while you are riding. I prefer those two I have ridden among all the seven coasters. I like the setting or better say location of the two rides (Goliath and Robin Hood) because of the fact, that the two do travel near or even above a water surface.

As a matter of fact, you should also try El Condor was in a while. I know that concerning the fear of hights this one is the hardest even though it is not the highest coaster, but while rising in the air, the sitting position suggests being uncomfortable with your feet dangling. But after first dropping that fear will vanish immidiately, when you visit SFH next time just give yourself a punch and go and try it. It will not do any harm.

C U on the rides
Thorsten
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag