Autor Nachricht
Pieter Peeters
Einsteiger Pieter Peeters
Eindhoven
Niederlande

Link zum Beitrag #991091 Verfasst am Dienstag, 12. September 2017 12:06
Themenersteller
Relax
Currently only a few big rollercoasters are traveling from fair to fair (mostly in Europe / Germany), some of those are very well known within the rollercoasterscommunity, one perhaps a little less known.

In Germany we have now 3 Schwarzkopfcoasters on tour: Alpina Bahn, Teststrecke and Olympia Looping

Alpina Bahn , is a non-looping coaster with a few airtime moments and helixes. It has a nice familyfriendly theme over it with some bavarianstyle houses with big bears.

Teststrecke used to be called Laser at Dorney Park

Olympia Looping
is an amazing multilooper where the loopings are grouped as the sysmbol of the olympics, it is a very smooth but intens ride. It has a double restraintsystem and the one over the shoulders tends to go more down because of the G-forces during the ride.

In the past there was also an inverted loopingcoaster traveling in Germany: Eurostar. The tracks look as if it was been made by B&M but it is in fact from Ginovanola / Intamin and several other subcontractors. It left the German fairs many years ago because it had been sold to a russian compagny to operate it in Gorkypark Moscow, over 5 years ago it was decided to remove the rides from Gorkypark since then the Eurostar is in storage. I was able to ride it up to 2005 in Germany but it was not a very comfortable rideexpierence, every connection of the trackparts could be felt in the train, you could even hear it.

Rumors are going around each year that because of high costs other rollercoasters will stop traveling. Last year Olympia Looping was in Vienna on the Prater for most of the time, and this year the indoorcoaster Hollenblitz went there. The Prater in Vienna is a combination of fixed rides and fairgroundrides, lost of different owners which means it has a pay per ride system.

But there is one more big ride, but much less known.

The King Coaster in France, run by Karl Vancraeyenest. This rollercoaster can be found in Paris on the Foire du Trone (a 2 month fair starts end March untill end May) and in Saint Tropez.( from end June untill mid September)

Onride on King in Paris 2006, it has been built by Soquet and travels up to 100km/h , the layout has some similarities with the Alpina Bahn.

Perhaps in the near future all these big 5 coasters will stop traveling? I would find that a sad thing, these really look impressive and draw people to the fairs (even non-rides) that want to see it. What do you think? There is no place anymore for such big rides to be able to make any money when the keep on traveling? Did you ride any of these if so, what are your expierences?
Bends
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #991093 Verfasst am Dienstag, 12. September 2017 12:40 Relax
Rock and Rollercoaster and Alpencoaster are also build by Schwarzkopf. Smilie :25: - Dr. Weizenkeim - 2061121 Zugriffe
Move your Car
Pieter Peeters
Einsteiger Pieter Peeters
Eindhoven
Niederlande

Link zum Beitrag #991102 Verfasst am Dienstag, 12. September 2017 15:44
Themenersteller
Relax
Well intresting point.. and yes those are nice too. I see that the Alpen Coaster is on the road now ( I tought is was in a park somewhere)
information on rcdb ... but now it is in Nurnburg? video on youtube

Cool that Vorlop now has a model 65 m and a 54m .... if he gets a 45m model, he has a complete Wildcatset? S

The Alpen Coaster I rode in Schwabenpark many years ago... and the same model in Madid , video of 2004 , on that day I was in that park with many members from onride.de

I am glad that those coasters are still on the road, true *classics* , but I didn't consider them to be "big" enough to be part of my thread, but these aren't exactly "small" either.
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag