MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5258 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 14:26
Themenersteller
Relax
Hey!

(I hope I am posting this in the right section - I do not speak German at all and am not sure if there is an "off-topic" or "introductions" area! Apologies in advance.)

I guess I'd just like to introduce myself. My name is Iain, and I'm from Ontario, Canada. My home park is Canada's Wonderland in Toronto... which, as I am sure some of you are aware, is home to some very nice rides from Mondial and HUSS.

I am a very big fan of these types of machines, and that is what has led me to this forum. It seems as though all of you share the same interest as I, and I'm glad to see there is an English-area here (even if it is not as commonly used as some of the other sections). I hope I can answer any questions you might have about things going on in North America, should you have any. As well, I have only to offer pictures and videos of my favourite machines which are on my site.

In 2002 Canada's Wonderland built Psyclone - the only Revolution by Mondial. It has captured my heart and it is, to me, the most beautiful thing ever created by mankind. S I cannot thank the team at Mondial for everything they have done to make this machine a reality. I don't think anything can be as incredible as being suspended 37 metres in the air, weightless, while looking over all the lights of Toronto streatched out as far as you can see.

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com IainPsyclone.jpg

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5262 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 14:50 Relax
Hi and Guten Tag, Ian, welcome to our board.

It is nice to not only read from you but also seeing your picture. It is like the other pictures we have already been introducing to our readers here (Sledgehammer-video and Marineland-pics) of a superb quality and we are looking forward to seeing and reading from you again and again.

If I ever get the chance to go to Canada I will surely drop you a line and hope to meet & greet and PCW or anywhere else.

Ian, I think you would surely love our new German ride "High Energy", and I am already looking forward to riding our first European Giant ride at Bobbejaanland next year.

Be sure there will be requests to our new member "over the ocean".

Big welcome at onride
Thorsten
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Herr Rossi
Aufsteiger Eric
Langenfeld
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5272 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 15:38 Relax
Hello Ian,

welcome at our community, though we might not have a
sector oriented board for the international members right
now, it may change in future.

Depending on the variety of different threads it hopefully
get's necessary to create single sectors for each topic,
but for now all posts are welcome here.

It's quite nice to hear some news from the other side of
the Atlantic, btw. thank you for this brilliant pics.

I always wanted to visit Canada in near future and be
sure PCW will be on the top of my sight-seeing list.

Watch out for next week, since tomorrow will be Fan-Day
at Warner Brothers Movie World Germany, we'll surely
provide many nice pics. And only some days late in early
august starts the big fun-fair at Herne-Crange. So be
prepared for nice shots from another authentic German
fun-fair.

See ya, here at onride! S

Eric
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5273 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 15:46
Themenersteller
Relax
Tejay It is nice to not only read from you but also seeing your picture. It is like the other pictures we have already been introducing to our readers here (Sledgehammer-video and Marineland-pics) of a superb quality and we are looking forward to seeing and reading from you again and again.

Thank you very much for your coments! The pictures and video I take are the only way I can say "thank you" to the people that help make these creations come to life. S

Tejay If I ever get the chance to go to Canada I will surely drop you a line and hope to meet & greet and PCW or anywhere else.

Likewise! Sometime before I die I have to go to Germany, I hear that Munich Oktoberfest is the biggest Kermis in the world... is that right? I would certainly need some help from you guys to decide when and where to go! S

There are so many machines I want to ride, a good Top Scan, Inferno, Magic Arms, Eurostar, Capriolo, Shake, etc... the kind of things we just do not have here in North America.

Tejay Ian, I think you would surely love our new German ride "High Energy", and I am already looking forward to riding our first European Giant ride at Bobbejaanland next year.

A man named Frank Lenaerts has been telling us about High Energy on the newsgroup rec.roller-coaster... I think from what he has said that I will prefer the Star Shape to the Top Scan (I was doubtful at first). It sounds like Star Shape has a very relaxing motion to it, and that is what I like.

If you are a big fan of the Afterburner from KMG then you will really like the machine for Bobbejaanland. Delirium (Giant Frisbee at Kings Island) is a very, very powerful ride, it is very different from Psyclone (Mondial) at Canada's Wonderland. Even though they are almost the same size, the HUSS machine is far too powerful for my liking. The G-forces at the bottom are very strong, and the rotation is fast. Psyclone is a much more relaxing ride, which is why I prefer it. It is also more beautiful to look at. S

-Iain
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5274 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 15:50
Themenersteller
Relax
Herr Rossi I always wanted to visit Canada in near future and be sure PCW will be on the top of my sight-seeing list.

I think you will have a great time in Canada, but I have to warn you it is very big, so depending on where you want to go you may find the drives long. I look forward to coming to Europe, because everything will seem so close together for me. S I think you'll really like Toronto.

Fremdbild
Quelle: visuaide.com toronto.gif

I'm looking forward to the pictures from Cranger Kermis and Movie World! S You guys take great pictures.

-Iain
Herr Rossi
Aufsteiger Eric
Langenfeld
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5275 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 16:01
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 25.07.2003 16:47
Relax
Zitat
I think you will have a great time in Canada, but I have to warn you it is very big, so depending on where you want to go you may find the drives long. I look forward to coming to Europe, because everything will seem so close together for me. S I think you'll really like Toronto.

When travelling to Canada at least I would take 3 weeks vacation
and of course a motorhome. I'm really sure this won't last to see
all of your beautiful country.

A good friend of me, really often travels to Canada since his
brothers lives at Vancouver and works for a radio-broadcasting company as a technician.

He told me about his fantastic trips trough the countryside, once
he also mentioned a ferry-passage at night. It was possible watch
whales from the boat in the middle of a deep clear night. I guess
you surely know where he went on this ferry-trip?
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5278 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 16:34
Themenersteller
Relax
Herr Rossi When travelling to Canada at least I would take 3 weeks vacation
and of course a motorhome. I'm really sure this won't last to see
all of your beautiful country.

3 weeks is still a lot of time, I think you will be able to see a lot.

If you are driving from Vancouver all the way to Toronto, that will be an amazing trip - you must definately stop in Banff, I really want to go there sometime as it looks like one of the most beautiful places on earth. I have to admit, that the part of Ontario I am from is very boring. S It is quite flat and built up...

Fremdbild
Quelle: cpaws.org moraine-banff.jpg

Banff

Herr Rossi He told me about his fantastic trips trough the countryside, once
he also mentioned a ferry-passage at night. It was possible watch
wales from the boat in the middle of a deep clear night. I guess
you surely know where he went on this ferry-trip?

Probably the ferry that goes between Victoria and Vancouver, there are a lot of whales out there. At night, that would be really nice! S

-Iain
stef1987
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5288 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 17:52 Relax
Tejay Ian, I think you would surely love our new German ride "High Energy", and I am already looking forward to riding our first European Giant ride at Bobbejaanland next year.

I think the Giant Frisbee ROCKS!

BTW: I live 15 km from Bobbejaanland S
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5291 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 17:57 Relax
Hello stef1987,

so you are living much closer to one of my alltime favourites. I really love Bobbejaanland and I hope that next years changes will not change my opinion on that park in Belgium.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5293 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 17:59
Themenersteller
Relax
Isn't Bobbejaanland also to get a new coaster from Gerstlauer, with 3 inversions?

I'm curious what the colours of their Giant Frisbee will be!
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5294 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 18:00 Relax
@Ian

Where or how did you get to own that cap? Are you some kind of "first public rider"?
Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com IainPsyclone.jpg
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5298 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 18:10
Themenersteller
Relax
Sadly, I was not the first rider on Psyclone... but I am sure that I have riden Psyclone more than anyone else. S I could not believe the energy around it the evening it opened. Everyone loves it so much here...

I asked Hendrik last time he was over if they had any hats but they did not. So I just made my own!

Tip for on Psyclone: The period of swing of the pendulum is 10 seconds and the rotation of the gondola is 6 r/min (10 seconds per rotation). The same seat is always in the same position at each "apex" of the swing... so the best seats to sit in is 1-4 and seat 40 because they are always facing straight up into the air... maximum airtime. S

-Iain
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5324 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 20:18 Relax
I thought I would post my "Hello, I'm new" post here instead of starting another one.

Hello, I'm new to this forum although I've been lurking here for awhile thanks to the wonderfull videos on coastervideos.de. I'm swedish so my english can be alittle bit difficult to understand sometime but I'm learning (I hope!).
This year I've ridden quiet a few interesting famous and not so famous flat rides such as KMG Afterburner, Huss Booster and Huss Flic Flac and some other cool rides.
That's it for my small introdution so far and I hope I'll have something to contribute to this forum in the future...
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5327 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 21:04
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 25.07.2003 21:18
Relax
Hello Olov,

welcome to onride. Hope we all will improve on our English skills throughout, so no need to worry.
So tell us were do you come from?

Riding a Booster might have something to do with you going to Helsinki in Finland (if it was a Huss-Booster) or did you mean one of the larger windmill-type rides?

I have been to Sweden for my very first time back in March when I was visiting Liseberg for one day.
My first impression of Sweden was very good and I hope to get to your country as soon as possible for another visit.

When reading about Swedish fairgrounds I have often come across the name of Axel's Tivoli. Can you give us more information about fairgrounds in Sweden?

- Thorsten.
Herr Rossi
Aufsteiger Eric
Langenfeld
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5328 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 21:12 Relax
Hello Olov,

also a warm welcome for you! Our first swedish
user I think(Looking for Rainer&Tejay).

Sweden and Scandinavia also very interesting
places to travel for an enthusiat I think!

My god, what would I give if could proof my
darling, the need of an amusement-park-
round-trip to Liseberg and Gröna Lund.

But someday I'm really sure, a short-trip with one of
the new European low-price airlines will take me there.

Anyway, feel welcome at onride.de and be sure we're
all really interested what's going on in the swedish
ride,coaster and park-scene.

Reports, stories and of course smart hints for travelling
is what we want to provide. A shared hobby with people
and contacts from all over the world is one of our interests,
so therefore pls. feel free post at onride.de

Best Regards and Greetings to the North!

Eric
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5332 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 21:46 Relax
Hello again.
Tejay, yepp this forum now has a 100% swede reading and posting a few topics as well. The Huss Booster was indeed the one at Linnanmäki park. It was a very nice ride but if the restraints were a little more comfortable it'll be one of the best rides I've ridden, it's otherwise very smooth and sometime with some intense flipping.
Could that day in March have been the media day for Balder, the new Intamin woodie? If so I was also there in the chilly but sunny day, and if you have ECC's First Drop issue #62 that's my neck and arms you see on the front cover S
Axels Nöjesfält is one of Europe's biggest showman. Showman maybe is a wrong word for it but the owner of the company owns pretty many rides including KMG Afterburner, Evolution, Fabbri Frisbee (I think), Space Fall, waltzers and much more. They have a new ride for this season but I have no idea what it is but it's announced as the biggest ride in Scandinavia.
Their rides tours in Scandinavia, UK and during the winters in Japan (!)
Their homesite: axelsnojesfalt.com
I've yet to try their rides as they haven't visited my hometown many times or at all, but I hope to come across their road sometime. Other than that we don't have many rides to offer compared to the souther countries, Germany, Benelux, France and Spain. The waltzers are very good though, can't wait untill next month when my town will have some festivals and a travelling fair is visiting the town (Waltzer, Break Dance and Pirate ship and some more)

Rossi, yes Swedish and Scandinavian parks has developed during the late 90s and now the last few years it's been wonderfull with the new coasters. Scandinavia is interesting enough to make over 60 enthusiasts from UK, Germany, Netherland, US and Sweden visit some of Scandinavia's finest parks. You can read about ECC's Coolest Coaster Tour on their homesite together with some pictures and comments coasterclub.org index.shtml
I'll try my best to give you some reviews, stories and maybe some tips from my experiences I've had at the parks I've visited during this trip and earlier visits.
stef1987
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5335 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 22:23 Relax
MilitaryDuckJock Isn't Bobbejaanland also to get a new coaster from Gerstlauer, with 3 inversions?

I'm curious what the colours of their Giant Frisbee will be!

The Gerstlauer will get 4 inversions. Next year, there will also come a Junior Coaster, built by Vekoma.

tpv.be ParkXtraInfo.Asp --> Here you will find many information about the new attractions for 2004.

And Tejay, Bobbejaanland is also one of my favourite parks, but on ThemeparkVision, the most members don't like Bobbejaanland, they prefer to go to Six Flags Belgium.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5336 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 22:38
Themenersteller
Relax
The Gerstlauer coaster is the most interesting, I think... where is the fourth inversion? (I see a big vertical looping, then two very weird high up corkscrews... are the cars taking that on the outside?!)

I like the design of the cars much more than on the other one (Vildsvinet).

-Iain
stef1987
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5337 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 22:45 Relax
MilitaryDuckJock The Gerstlauer coaster is the most interesting, I think... where is the fourth inversion? (I see a big vertical looping, then two very weird high up corkscrews... are the cars taking that on the outside?!)

I like the design of the cars much more than on the other one (Vildsvinet).

-Iain

users.skynet.be film%20typhoon.htm
--> Here's a NoLimits-simulation, you can see the 4th inversion.[/url]
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5338 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 22:46 Relax
@Olov
Yes, I was there for the Balder media-say with the ECC and I will for sure that First Drop issue to see your neck and hands. Also thank you very much for the information about the show"owner" in Sweden.

@stef1987
Bobbejaanland vs. SFB - I don't like these debates whether park A is bigger, better, more thrilling than park B and so on - of course, one can be very factual about numbers - but I think you cannot be factual about individual tastes and preferences. Someone loves one thing, the next one prefers something different - so what? I'll be looking forward seeing both parks in the future.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5341 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 23:01
Themenersteller
Relax
stef1987
users.skynet.be film%20typhoon.htm
--> Here's a NoLimits-simulation, you can see the 4th inversion.

S

W O W!
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5343 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 23:23 Relax
@olov

As there is just one person to be seen on the front cover, I guess that on the following five pictures there are at least three which show at least fragments of you. Am I right?

By the way, the last one actually is showing me, myself and I.
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5347 Verfasst am Samstag, 26. Juli 2003 00:26 Relax
Yepp that's my bodyparts allright. It's hard to get clean shots of my face though S
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5349 Verfasst am Samstag, 26. Juli 2003 00:37 Relax
În addition to the Liseberg picture here are some more Tejay abroad pictures.

Bobbejaanland (Belgium) in 2002

Walibi Schtroumpf (France) in 2002

Parc Astérix (France) in 2003

Six Flags Holland (Netherlands) in 2003
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag