Autor Nachricht
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5279 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 16:39
Themenersteller
Relax
Here are some images I took last night of the Splash-Over named "Cliffhanger" by Mondial, at Canada's Wonderland, that I thought you all might like to see. Enjoy!

-Iain

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com Imgp2419.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com Imgp2409.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com Imgp2411.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com Imgp2415.jpg

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com Imgp2412.jpg
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5282 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 16:56 Relax
Seems to be one of the faster rides. I, myself, do not like going on those again and again looping rides since I had headache after doing the Top Spin ride (Is it called Riddler's Revenge? Gosh, I am already losing names of rides I do not like) at Warner Bros. Movie World last year.
Anyway great pictures. Seems to me that PCW is doing the sponsoring stuff very extensively (Courtyard-sign) when presenting their rides.

Anyway, Ian, thanks for posting the pictures. By the way, when did you visit PCW for the first time? What is your personal impression of what has changed at that park throughout the years. I have never been to a Paramount park before. NO PKI, No PKD, No Carowinds, No Terra Mitica but I once (back in 95) stood in front of the closed gates of PGA.
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5284 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 17:13
Themenersteller
Relax
Tejay Seems to be one of the faster rides. I, myself, do not like going on those again and again looping rides since I had headache after doing the Top Spin ride (Is it called Riddler's Revenge? Gosh, I am already losing names of rides I do not like) at Warner Bros. Movie World last year.

The ride is a lot different from a Top Spin, I don't get a headache on Cliffhanger. It shakes around a lot, though. I get a bit dizzy on the Top spins that do constant flips (5 or 6 or 7 loopings in a row)... but Cliffhanger can't seem to do more than 1 or 2 loops, so it does other tricks instead.

One of the best things it does is trick you into thinking you're going to go over the top, then balance the gondola in freefall all the way down, on your head....

And of course in the summer, you get very, very wet. S I don't like to get wet, so I only ride it at night when it is on dry-mode.

Tejay Anyway great pictures. Seems to me that PCW is doing the sponsoring stuff very extensively (Courtyard-sign) when presenting their rides.

Actually that sign is for a picnic area behind the ride, it is the entrance to the areas where groups can go to eat and keep their food. Here's a photo of my friend in front of the actual ride sign:

Fremdbild
Quelle: members.rogers.com Imgp2403.jpg

Tejay Anyway, Ian, thanks for posting the pictures. By the way, when did you visit PCW for the first time? What is your personal impression of what has changed at that park throughout the years.

The first time I went there was 1985, but I don't remember anything because I was too little. After that it was not until 1996 that I went back again for the first time. The last big coaster was in 1995 (Vekoma, SLC named "Top Gun")... so... I have never known what the excitement is like to have your "home park" open up a new roller coaster. S But, the last 4 years have been so amazing:

2000: Cliffhanger (Splashover by Mondial)
2001: Shockwave (Topscan by Mondial)
2002: Psyclone (Revolution by Mondial)
2003: SledgeHammer (Jump2 by HUSS)

And in 1997 we got a big Freefall tower from Intamin. So, I can't complain. S

But overall the park has lost some of it's medieval themeing (in Medieval Faire, the part where Cliffhanger is), it's now all purple and green, instead of brown and dark colours... things like that have changed, that's the most obvious thing.

I still like the park very much and I drive for more than an hour (115 km) to the park 2 or 3 times a week... S

-Iain
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5286 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 17:35 Relax
Zitat 2000: Cliffhanger (Splashover by Mondial)
2001: Shockwave (Topscan by Mondial)
2002: Psyclone (Revolution by Mondial)
2003: SledgeHammer (Jump2 by HUSS)

And in 1997 we got a big Freefall tower from Intamin. So, I can't complain. icon_smile.gif

No, you really can not complain about that.
Thanks for answering. That sign looks a lot better then the first impression I had.

As a matter of fact, my home park (in terms of distance) is Warner Bros. Movie World in Bottrop.
I worked in the park for two months as a shop servant selling Batman-stuff when it opened back in 1996.
Since those days a lot has happened to the park.

1996 Grand Opening
1997 Maverick illusion show-theatre
1998 A Huss Top Spin (Riddlers Revenge)
1999 They added Germany's first wooden coaster (Wild Wild West) and were sold to Six Flags
2000 A Huss Frisbee (Blazing Saddles), a Wild Mouse by Mack (Tom und Jerry - Mouse in the House), an ASR-Breakdance by Huss (Josie's Bathhouse?), a Zierer Wave-Swinger named after a German soap-opera (Marienhof-Karussell)
2001 My first rollercoaster-opening-event with the SLC "Eraser", a childrens freefall frog hopper (is it by Zamperla?)
2002 My first drop-tower-opening-event with the Gyro Drop "The Wild Bunch" from Intamin
2003 During this season they started presenting new shows and before they added an upcharge electric kart track

As a matter of fact I do not go there very often in spite of the fact that I do have a season pass and also in spite of the fact that it is compared to your destinations nearby (is it 30 km?).
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5289 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 17:52 Relax
Does PCW still operate the Huss UFO? Pharaoh's Eye or renamed?
stef1987
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5290 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 17:55 Relax
That ride looks very cool!

Thanks for the pics.
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5295 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 18:02
Themenersteller
Relax
Tejay Does PCW still operate the Huss UFO? Pharaoh's Eye or renamed?

I think Pharoah's Eye was a Round-Up by an American company, and opened with the park (I think) in 1981. After it was removed, I'm not sure when... it was replaced with the HUSS UFO which was then named "Wilde Knight Mares". Now it is simply called "Nightmares". But yes it is still there. Also from HUSS is the Skylab, Swing-Around, Pirat, and of course the Jump2.

-Iain
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5297 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 18:08 Relax
If you are prefering the night time scenes you would surely love to see one of our fairs at night - with all the lights and movements of the rides - your camera would not stand still.

Do you have fairgrounds in Toronto, too? I always read about the travelling show of Conklin or Amusements of America. Do they build up their rides at Toronto, too or do you have other shows coming to your town? If yes, at what time of the year and for how long do these shows operate?
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5299 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 18:13
Themenersteller
Relax
Tejay If you are prefering the night time scenes you would surely love to see one of our fairs at night - with all the lights and movements of the rides - your camera would not stand still.

Mmm... yes, you know I love the blur of the lights. S

Conklin's biggest show is actually in Toronto I think... the CNE or Canadian National Exhibition. It is coming in about a month, so I will take some pictures there and show them. The ride list is very sad compared to what you guys are used to, though... the CNE plays for 2 weeks. It's the only big fair in this area.

-Iain
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5319 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 19:39 Relax
Zitat It is coming in about a month, so I will take some pictures there and show them.

Sounds good. There was an extended report on Conklin's Show in German fan magazine "Kirmes & Park Revue" some time ago. They do seem to operate some nice rides. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures and I am wishing you a pleasant day at CNE.
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag