Vilda Musen (long review)
Autor Nachricht
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5330 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 21:22
Themenersteller
Relax
My homepark is Gröna Lund and for their 120th birthday they bought themself a nice wild mouse. This however isn't a normal wild mouse with some zigzags in the beginning some small drops in the middle and then another few turns.
First of all Gröna Lund has very little space to build on. Peter Osbeck, the park's ride manager, thought about using their Schwarzkopf coaster Jetline's supports. Jetline was built with enough supports to support a fake mountain, this fake mountain was however never built. (Another Schwarzkopf in Japan do have this fake mountain: rcdb.com installationgallery1200.htm )
But the supports are still there and could be used for another coaster. Peter asked Gerstlauer for a model of Jetline, but he had to borrow a model from Maurer Söhne instead who was the manufacturer for Scwarzkopf's later coasters. Now he began to look at the model and with some help with a wire he looked for a possible layout that interacted with the park's coaster and other rides. But he needed some help and he went to Werner Stengel (who else?) and Gerstlauer. Werner accepted the task and also began the research for a possible layout. It was close that he gave up as it was very hard to make it possible to make another coaster inside Jetline. But they kept working and finally they had an layout.

The result: one of the most original wild mouse on the planet, most interaction with other rides, highest wild mouse and maybe one of the funniest wild mouse built.
On the media day it was only running with two cars avaible for passengers and other still had the sandbags inside. It was still worth the wait and the ride experience was great.
But the coaster needed a few more weeks to break in and really become a wild mouse. Today it runs fast down from the top of the lifthill through Jetline zigzagging between the supports and then just in time it heads up to the first brakerun. This coaster runs with 6 cars so brakeruns are needed. On this brakerun you're heading just straight into the park's S&S Combo Ride, and if you're slightly lucky you'll see the gondola swooshing up or down just infront of you. Before it's too late it turns around and heads back in the opposite direction from just a second ago.
Another brakerun (told you, there are quiet a lot of them) but this doesn't slow down the car either, the park are running their coasters pretty much trimless.
Now you have a great view over the water but that doesn't last long at all because there's another turn. The cars tries to stay on track and there's another small drop over Jetline and a swift turn to the left. Now comes the cause of the new car design, a turn so tight and banked inside Jetlines support structure.
One more brakerun and then a 180 left-turn 90 right-turn combination. This was the last part inside Jetline's structure and the car escapes the coaster over some hills and drops and to the left the park's TopScan gets alittle bit intimate. Now over Vilda Musen's own station there's a short right turn and a long left turn follows quickly. All the turns has so far completed their mission, to give the rider a feeling to beeing thrown off the ride. This long turn wasn't an exception and the turn is suported by one big support placed in one of the corner of the stationbuilding. You also get a quick view of frightened riders on the Free Fall tower.
The last brakerun just over the loading area slows down the car abit (the only brakerun that slows down the car) before the car drops down into an almost finished figure eight helix. This is placed just over a connection of 3 paths. The supports here are built so it doesn't restrain the walker at all while they're heading towards their next ride.
Vilda Musen ends with Gerstlauers first magnetic brakes (now also on Vild Svinet and future rides) You're back in the station, if you haven't been thrown out off the car during one of the intense lateral packed turns.

I've taken a few pics of this wonder but they're taken with an old fashion camera and I don't have my own website so the scanner and the free site will have to do for now. I'll however buy a digital camera soon, and maybe I'll have my own site within a year, we'll see.
But here are the pics: pbase.com vilda_musen

Hope my review wasn't too long and boring but was fun to read and I hope it made some of you more interested in riding this coaster in the future...
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #5333 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 21:49 Relax
Thank you for the review and the great pictures! BMR-X, Jetline, and the Lisebergbanan are 3 of my most "wanted" to ride coasters, it was great to see pictures of what they did at Grona Lund. S

Have you been on Lisebergbanan? It looks very smooth and graceful...

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Olov
Einsteiger

Deutschland

Link zum Beitrag #5342 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 23:10
Themenersteller
Relax
Yeah I've been on Lisebergbanan and it's one of the best coaster i know of. The view, the speed, the helices, the airtime and the smoothness. Ah Schwarzkopf heaven!
Tejay
Assistent Thorsten Janke
Bochum
Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #5344 Verfasst am Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 23:30 Relax
Hi, Olov, I think your home park has got itself a wonderful birthday present. Let me think. My homepark WBMW will be celebrating it's tenth birthday in 2006. Well, we'll see. by that time we will for sure have seen and read more from your experiences. S
Back to the Roots: Mpgfanboy70
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag