Autor Nachricht
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #153752 Verfasst am Mittwoch, 01. Juni 2005 03:20
Themenersteller
Relax
For the past 6 months or so, I've been working with the owner of our company on a wind energy project, specificically, to realise his dream of a Twin Vertical Axis Wind Turbine. We both have an interest in wind energy (although my favourite are definately the huge "Danish style" 3-bladed horizontal axis machines), and so with the help of a local construction company who is the first customer, the project is geting underway.

2004.11.15 - Construction Site
I visited the construction site last winter during the construction of the 10 m x 5 m diameter tower which the turbine will be seated on.

Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com imgp6065.jpg_thumb.jpg
Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com imgp6066.jpg_thumb.jpg
Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com imgp6068.jpg_thumb.jpg
Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com imgp6069.jpg_thumb.jpg

2005.05.31 - Tower Components
Today I visited the fabricator of the tower sections, since they are too large for us to build in-house. Each rotor section is 3 m tall, 1 m diameter. 6 rotor sections make up each of the two rotorstacks. 3, 6 metre tower sections make up the centre portion of the turbine.

Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com dsc02754.jpg_thumb.jpg
Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com dsc02755.jpg_thumb.jpg
Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com dsc02758.jpg_thumb.jpg
Fremdbild
Quelle:
maj.com dsc02764.jpg_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it come together. Things always look so much bigger in real life than they do on your computer screen! I've been looking at this thing for months and it's crazy to start to see the bits come together.

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Diddi
Einsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #154250 Verfasst am Freitag, 03. Juni 2005 00:15 Relax
Hi Iain, seems like you have a VERY interesting job! S
Thanks for all the nice pics!
rechtschreib- und grammatikfehler sind ein ausdruck von freiheit!
MilitaryDuckJock
Einsteiger Iain Hendry
Kitchener-Waterl...
Kanada

Link zum Beitrag #154302 Verfasst am Freitag, 03. Juni 2005 13:59
Themenersteller
Relax
Thanks, Nouseforaname - By trade I'm a mechanical designer but this is an "after work" project for both of us. Our company builds robots and automation for the plastics industry. The owner knew I had a strong interest in wind energy, so he asked me if I'd be his "Chief of Design" so to speak. S But you're right, every day is interesting and a new challenge.

-Iain
Wheels: 2006 smart fortwo cdi + Cagliari G1A
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag